Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My name is Chris. I actually work at a Chevrolet Dealership. My wife and I just bought our first EV a 2020 Bolt LT in Kinetic Blue. We are loving it so far. My wife is having fun on her daily commute figuring out how to get the best mileage out of the charge. Any advise on different things is welcome!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Use heating as sparingly as possible, preferring seat heater over cabin heat. Pre-condition the cabin while still plugged in. Drive slower. Those are the biggest ones. Everything else is hardly going to make a difference.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What does "precondition the cabin when plugged in" mean? Does this just mean turn on the car and turn on the heat/ac when you are still charging?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Use heating as sparingly as possible, preferring seat heater over cabin heat. Pre-condition the cabin while still plugged in. Drive slower. Those are the biggest ones. Everything else is hardly going to make a difference.
We unfortunately don't have the heated seats in the LT, but we have noticed a huge difference in mileage when you turn the HVAC system off. I need to get the wife in the habit of "remote starting" the car while its plugged in so that the cabin area will heat up good!

Are you using the 110 charging unit that came with the car, or have you upgraded to a level 2?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts