Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I typically do all the driving but the other day, I was sitting in the front seat passenger seat and noticed a lot of wind noise from the front door window. It was as if the door or window was opened. I recall my wife and daughter mentioning this in the past but it's definitely more noticeable than the driver's side. I also noticed that there appear to be more pieces that make up the interior door trim around the windows, interior door handles, etc and wonder if there is something missing or not quite sealed.

Anyone have any issues with wind noise on a particular side or door?

I've seen the threads on quieting the interior (dynamat, more seals, etc) but was more curious if someone had work done by a dealer to resolve this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt LT - Gunmetal Gray
32 Posts
I'm not sure on suggestions for this, but I have noticed my Driver's window and all other windows are a bit different.

With all windows up, try and roll the driver window up. In my case, nothing happens, and it's silent.
When you try and roll up the passenger right or rear windows, with the windows already up, they make a clicking noise. Maybe the window mechanism, and therefore windows and seals, are different??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure on suggestions for this, but I have noticed my Driver's window and all other windows are a bit different.

With all windows up, try and roll the driver window up. In my case, nothing happens, and it's silent.
When you try and roll up the passenger right or rear windows, with the windows already up, they make a clicking noise. Maybe the window mechanism, and therefore windows and seals, are different??
Interesting - I'll try that.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My Bolt came from the factory with a loose gasket on the passenger door. Was causing all kinds of wind noise. I was able to mostly fix it and its much better now.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Think on this...

Is it really a lot of wind noise you are hearing? Or is it the lack of a noisy pollution engine noise?
I guarantee you that it is the second choice. All vehicles have wind noise but you can’t hear it over the sound of that ancient gas engine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think on this...

Is it really a lot of wind noise you are hearing? Or is it the lack of a noisy pollution engine noise?
I guarantee you that it is the second choice. All vehicles have wind noise but you can’t hear it over the sound of that ancient gas engine.
It's wind noise - much more noticeable on front passenger side then there driver's side. Also, had a Volt since 2016 so very aware of "lack of ICE noise".

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Bolt came from the factory with a loose gasket on the passenger door. Was causing all kinds of wind noise. I was able to mostly fix it and its much better now.
Interesting - can you take a pic of the gasket you are referring to? Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts