Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some local driving in New Jersey, yesterday we took our Bolt EV Premier on its first adventure to Brooklyn, New York. The round trip was 158 miles and we traveled all in "L" mode with mostly highway driving; the outside temperature was about 60 deg. When we returned home the Bolt had 91 miles range remaining, so we accomplished the equivalent of a 249 mile range with mostly 65 mph speeds on the highways -- VERY IMPRESSIVE !

On the way back we stayed in "L" mode and pressed the Sports button -- and could definitely feel more connected to the road. Acceleration was super-smooth and fast at ALL speeds -- as good or better than my old Acura Legend 5-speed -- again Very Impressive !

For safety, the warning lights on the side mirrors were very helpful especially around aggressive New Jersey and NYC drivers. For parallel parking, the back up camera and top view display helped us squeeze into tight parking spots.

This is a great car !!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Sweet!

If the Bolt is anything like the Volt... wait till we get 80deg temps... you'll see even higher range.

I use to get 50+EV miles regularly on my 2014 Volt which was EPA rated at 38EV Miles once the temps hit the mid 80's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts