Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering whether anyone can confirm whether or not this is a problem.

I get cold feet so most of the time I like my setting to just put heat to the floor. when I do this the fan noise seems very loud through the defrost vent area. It almost sounds like the air is coming from the defrost vent and I find there is not much flow coming from them. Yet when I select main vents only the defrost vent noise seems to go away and one gets a ton of air from the main vents.

I get the feeling somethign is wrong with the vent selection system.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
How much airflow are you getting from the floor setting? It sounds like the vent might not be opening up fully.

My vehicles (I don't own a Bolt) get loud when I choose floor only mode because the air is forced to go through fewer/smaller vents. I remedy this by turning the fan speed down to low.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much airflow are you getting from the floor setting? It sounds like the vent might not be opening up fully.

My vehicles (I don't own a Bolt) get loud when I choose floor only mode because the air is forced to go through fewer/smaller vents. I remedy this by turning the fan speed down to low.
The loudness seems to be coming from the winshield defrost vents, its wierd. i can blast the fan and still feel very little air movement at the feet when only selecting the floor yet one hears the "roar" of the fan.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
i can blast the fan and still feel very little air movement at the feet when only selecting the floor yet one hears the "roar" of the fan.
The acid test is to get down there and find the floor vents and feel with your hand whether or not air comes out of them when you've directed the flow down there. Trying to diagnose it by sound is inexact at best.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
If it's any consolation, I'm a floor-vent-only owner too. I did feel around and did feel some heat coming from the defrost vents and center vents, but most of the heat and blowing air came from just below my knees. This differed from other cars I've driven where the heat hits my feet directly. So it seams even with just the feet enabled for heat, some will inevitably escape via the other vents. The air flow dampers aren't sealing 100%. This was the same I found on other cars I've driven.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts