Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

There is already a good discussion on all-weather floor mats, which fortunately I don't need. However, I'm looking for a good quality floor mat simply to protect the floor and replace the existing mats. Perhaps the car is too new for the mat industry to catch up as of yet, but has anyone found 'nice' non-all weather mats?
Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
www.lloydmats.com

Their Ultimats are way nicer than factory. The Luxe mats are even thicker, but not available in a good color match.[/QUOT

I'm not a fan of carpeted mats: too much trouble to clean. I ended up with their Rubbertite in gray color and they fit perfectly, especially the back seat mat. The driver's side hooks on to the pins, keeping it out of the way of the pedals. My only quibble is I would have preferred the front mats extended up the inclined portion of the floor, but they are restricted to only the flat area. The little indents trap debris, they vacuum easily, and my wife approves of them. They totaled about $100.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
271 Posts
www.lloydmats.com

Their Ultimats are way nicer than factory. The Luxe mats are even thicker, but not available in a good color match.[/QUOT

I'm not a fan of carpeted mats: too much trouble to clean. I ended up with their Rubbertite in gray color and they fit perfectly, especially the back seat mat. The driver's side hooks on to the pins, keeping it out of the way of the pedals. My only quibble is I would have preferred the front mats extended up the inclined portion of the floor, but they are restricted to only the flat area. The little indents trap debris, they vacuum easily, and my wife approves of them. They totaled about $100.
I agree, it's weird that neither flavor or OEM mat (carpet or all-weather) extend up the inclined part of the floor. What's the idea there? Do they think people won't rest their foot there?

Also on a semi-related note would it have killed them to spend an extra $2 on a plastic cover for the carpeted dead-pedal surface? Now that's just going to be an eyesore of nasty carpet where my left foot regularly rests.... Definitely going to have to do something about that long-term.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I agree, it's weird that neither flavor or OEM mat (carpet or all-weather) extend up the inclined part of the floor. What's the idea there? Do they think people won't rest their foot there?

Also on a semi-related note would it have killed them to spend an extra $2 on a plastic cover for the carpeted dead-pedal surface? Now that's just going to be an eyesore of nasty carpet where my left foot regularly rests.... Definitely going to have to do something about that long-term.
The lack of a dead deal cover bugs me too. There seem to be a number of aftermarket add-ons, using either adhesive (don't love that), or velcro. Has anyone looked at these, and identified one that fits well? They generally have a boy-racer style, but I could probably get over it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts