Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

There is already a good discussion on all-weather floor mats, which fortunately I don't need. However, I'm looking for a good quality floor mat simply to protect the floor and replace the existing mats. Perhaps the car is too new for the mat industry to catch up as of yet, but has anyone found 'nice' non-all weather mats?
Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
www.lloydmats.com

Their Ultimats are way nicer than factory. The Luxe mats are even thicker, but not available in a good color match.[/QUOT

I'm not a fan of carpeted mats: too much trouble to clean. I ended up with their Rubbertite in gray color and they fit perfectly, especially the back seat mat. The driver's side hooks on to the pins, keeping it out of the way of the pedals. My only quibble is I would have preferred the front mats extended up the inclined portion of the floor, but they are restricted to only the flat area. The little indents trap debris, they vacuum easily, and my wife approves of them. They totaled about $100.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
281 Posts
www.lloydmats.com

Their Ultimats are way nicer than factory. The Luxe mats are even thicker, but not available in a good color match.[/QUOT

I'm not a fan of carpeted mats: too much trouble to clean. I ended up with their Rubbertite in gray color and they fit perfectly, especially the back seat mat. The driver's side hooks on to the pins, keeping it out of the way of the pedals. My only quibble is I would have preferred the front mats extended up the inclined portion of the floor, but they are restricted to only the flat area. The little indents trap debris, they vacuum easily, and my wife approves of them. They totaled about $100.
I agree, it's weird that neither flavor or OEM mat (carpet or all-weather) extend up the inclined part of the floor. What's the idea there? Do they think people won't rest their foot there?

Also on a semi-related note would it have killed them to spend an extra $2 on a plastic cover for the carpeted dead-pedal surface? Now that's just going to be an eyesore of nasty carpet where my left foot regularly rests.... Definitely going to have to do something about that long-term.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I agree, it's weird that neither flavor or OEM mat (carpet or all-weather) extend up the inclined part of the floor. What's the idea there? Do they think people won't rest their foot there?

Also on a semi-related note would it have killed them to spend an extra $2 on a plastic cover for the carpeted dead-pedal surface? Now that's just going to be an eyesore of nasty carpet where my left foot regularly rests.... Definitely going to have to do something about that long-term.
The lack of a dead deal cover bugs me too. There seem to be a number of aftermarket add-ons, using either adhesive (don't love that), or velcro. Has anyone looked at these, and identified one that fits well? They generally have a boy-racer style, but I could probably get over it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Suggestions for best color matches on LLoydmats' Ultimats and Luxe mats? Anyone have pics of them installed?

·
Registered
147 Posts
The Maxpider floor mats have a nice look and good coverage. They are "all-weather" but don't make it look like you are preparing for a mud bog adventure. The texturing is subtle and does not impede the use of a whisk broom. They do cover the dead pedal and in my case the grey is a pretty close match for my carpet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Maxpider floor mats have a nice look and good coverage. They are "all-weather" but don't make it look like you are preparing for a mud bog adventure. The texturing is subtle and does not impede the use of a whisk broom. They do cover the dead pedal and in my case the grey is a pretty close match for my carpet.
Looks like a good option. Think I might prefer them too, but can't seem to find the second row in gray anywhere. Also, not sure how I feel about the 3D logo being so prominent. Has anyone tried removing it?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looks like a good option. Think I might prefer them too, but can't seem to find the second row in gray anywhere. Also, not sure how I feel about the 3D logo being so prominent. Has anyone tried removing it?
Ordered front and second row in gray together on amazon, but see they are outrageously priced there now. The Kagu website has them for a little more than I paid for them previously. The 3D logo caught my eye for the first few days I had them, but the have faded from my perception now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ordered front and second row in gray together on amazon, but see they are outrageously priced there now. The Kagu website has them for a little more than I paid for them previously. The 3D logo caught my eye for the first few days I had them, but the have faded from my perception now.
I see them listed on the manufacturer's website for $195, I assume that's the price you're referring to as the Kagu website? Amazon doesn't have any of them, and I think that's why we see the absurd $325 price from third party sellers on there.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I see them listed on the manufacturer's website for $195, I assume that's the price you're referring to as the Kagu website? Amazon doesn't have any of them, and I think that's why we see the absurd $325 price from third party sellers on there.
Yep, Kagu = manufacturer (in my mind at least). I paid something like $175 for both rows, when they were available on Amazon.

I also see them on this site: 3d Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats - All Weather Floor Liners For Cars & Trucks - AutoAnything

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yep, Kagu = manufacturer (in my mind at least). I paid something like $175 for both rows, when they were available on Amazon.

I also see them on this site: 3d Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats - All Weather Floor Liners For Cars & Trucks - AutoAnything
Found vendors through the 3D MAXpider 'Where to buy' page. Found a couple on that page with them listed at $175. Might pull the trigger soon, though part of me still wants carpet mats for a more 'comfort' (albeit less practical ) feel.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Found vendors through the 3D MAXpider 'Where to buy' page. Found a couple on that page with them listed at $175. Might pull the trigger soon, though part of me still wants carpet mats for a more 'comfort' (albeit less practical ) feel.

·
Premium Member
2021 chevy bolt premier ev
280 Posts
Hi,

There is already a good discussion on all-weather floor mats, which fortunately I don't need. However, I'm looking for a good quality floor mat simply to protect the floor and replace the existing mats. Perhaps the car is too new for the mat industry to catch up as of yet, but has anyone found 'nice' non-all weather mats?
Thanks
The Chevy dealerships parts department has a large selection of floor mats from the mild everyday to heavy duty weathertech quality

1 - 16 of 16 Posts