Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From SWFL EV Owners Facebook page....
*This is a quick summary of what’s going on with Florida’s share of the dieselgate funds regarding EV charging infrastructure. Note this is only for phase one. I’ve linked the full pdf below.

The map shows Florida highway segments that will have DCFC installed as part of our share of the VW settlement.

Each segment will have one charging location within 5 miles of the highway with a minimum of two parking spots and two 50kw or higher DCFC. I hope they don’t do just the minimum!

There is a request for applicants active now, with grant awards anticipated in May/June 2020. Chargers must be active within 24 months from the award date.
Here’s the full pdf:
https://floridadep.gov/sites/default/files/EVCI-RFA-01.pdf
Scroll down to page 7 for a map of the locations.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Makes sense to dew the minimum since they'll be the first do succumb dew sea level rise. Dewd, I'm such a dick :ROFLMAO::LOL::D(n):poop:

Maybe they'll use the rest of the money for the so-called "Billionaire Boulevard" highway project... Oh, sorry... doo soon?

On the other hand, it's sure better than nothing. Even if DO parking garage in Pasadena has nearly the same number deux charging stations than the entire dew of Florida phase 1. Therefore, I think it's safe to say wonder just how much dew does a dewdrop drop If dewdrops do drop dew? I think it's best to assume they do drop, they do as do dewdrops drop, If dewdrops do drop dew.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Makes sense to do the minimum since they'll be the first to succumb to sea level rise. Gawd I'm such a dick :ROFLMAO::LOL::D(n):poop:

Maybe they'll use the rest of the money for the so-called "Billionaire Boulevard" highway project... Oh, sorry... too soon?

On the other hand, it's sure better than nothing. Even if ONE parking garage in Pasadena has nearly the same number fast charging stations than the entire state of Florida.
I see spelling isn't a strong point for you. It's "due",not do. Do you have any idea how many DCFCs we have in Florida? In fact, don't bother with a reply,I've seen enough "dick-like " replies recently. But at least you realize what you are, while some aren't aware.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'd have rather seen dieselgate funds go toward replacing diesel school buses with electric ones. Perfect use case, and I bet that stands to improve health and reduce emissions more than chargers that 2% of the population can currently use.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'd have rather seen dieselgate funds go toward replacing diesel school buses with electric ones. Perfect use case, and I bet that stands to improve health and reduce emissions more than chargers that 2% of the population can currently use.
I get what you are saying, but the last point about only 2% of people using them is backwards IMO. In 2017 I wouldn't have considered the Bolt because despite the good range it would still have strictly been for local use. In those 3 years around here EA is responsible for opening up major highways that were not options before. It isn't about installing chargers that 2% of people can use. It's about showing the 98% that public charging is available and growing. That when they make that leap they won't be stuck on a 200 mile leash.

Rolling out electric buses would be good, but it wouldn't change the public perception of EVs. EA is changing that perception, both with the public and manufacturers. We were stuck in the "We don't want EVs until public charging is built out" / "We aren't building out public charging until there are more EVs" loop. The TDI ruling broke that loop and long-term it is poised to do a lot for EV adoption.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah, it is wonderful to see Dieselgate funds being used to put in Tesla Superchargers... we sure don't have enough of those!

Keith
I am not aware of any Dieselgate funds ever being used for Tesla Superchargers; Tesla has funded their entire charging network internally. It looks like the map is indicating that EA charging sites are piggybacking on pre-existing Tesla charging sites.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I am not aware of any Dieselgate funds ever being used for Tesla Superchargers; Tesla has funded their entire charging network internally. It looks like the map is indicating that EA charging sites are piggybacking on pre-existing Tesla charging sites.
I thought Tesla Supercharger were subsidized by the federal government. (Unsure)

·
Registered
901 Posts
The big picture at the top of the page (post #2) shows where 7 out of the 8 locations will have "additional Tesla fast chargers" added in the future build-out...

Keith

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The big picture at the top of the page (post #2) shows where 7 out of the 8 locations will have "additional Tesla fast chargers" added in the future build-out...

Keith
I thought the same thing as Nomo, especially when I saw the asterisks. It says number to be determined but I would be willing to bet it’s still on teslas nickel. There may be a trade off where Tesla at their locations will add non-Tesla level III and two for exchange of some funds

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Keith
Every new addition at service plazas will have non-Tesla chargers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts