Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for information from Bolt owners who went through Hurricane Irma. I read an interesting thread on the CA fires and it got me thinking... :|

When Irma came through, it took about a week for me to get power at home. How was the experience for you Florida folks in terms of finding a charging port? Did you find places for a charge anywhere? I don't have a home generator and won't get one. So the issue of a car that can't be driven is an issue. I realize gas stations need electricity to pump, but they are likely on the priority list for the power company, as are hospitals etc

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I actually picked up my Bolt the day before Irma hit Orlando. I considered waiting until after the hurricane, but it was garaged and fully charged before we lost power. We were down for only 3 days, but it was nice having a backup for device charging, WiFi, and the occasional A/C break. Didn't check public charger availability as I have yet to use one. Have Level 2 in my garage.

·
Registered
99 Posts
We are fortunate in JAX to have lots of public charging options. Although my home power was down for less than a day (we never even got the Bolt out of the garage!), if we had an extended outage, I could still have gotten it charged somewhere local. Judging by PlugShare, Orlando has plenty of options as well. No worries there!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've also wondered about emergency situations, but those situations also cause gas stations to get emptied out too, so I guess it's the same. Portable solar powered trailer you can tow around for off grid charging in emergencies? ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts