Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Kind of a trick question. I can remote start my car via fob and the MyChevy app.
That really isn't what I think of as "start." It is a remote way to get heater/AC working and maybe battery to temp is all.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
"You still need the fob to actually drive it." So far that has proven true.

My car is either locked by me or via app so I can't enter the car. Some people may have fob closer than I'd normally have it. At work I've walked out to car a number of times to realize fob was in drawer.

Every FOB and smart key car or truck that I have requires some spot to put the device to start if battery dead.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I somehow got the feeling that one could replicate a fob with a single working fob as long as 8 total haven't been programmed in. People refer to it as the long program.

I know OnStar had/has an ability to disable a car, not sure they have the ability or desire to actually start the car.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I tried everything to stop that triple beep but never did stop.

GM should remove the term "START" from the GM app but it is the same one used by many models. An ICE can actually start. The EV doesn't unless the fob is inside the car. You can open the door with fob maybe 6 feet away or via app.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts