Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,345 Posts
The remote start button works on my iPhone. It starts the heating/cooling, much like the remote start on ICE vehicles.
Yes, it starts the HVAC. But that's all it does. The car itself is still "off", and nothing inside the car can be operated without pressing the Start button in the car with the fob in your possession.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I think I read here about someone who remote started his car to precondition and then got in the car and drove it 50 miles away before realizing he didn’t had the key with him. I might be wrong though.
As I recall that post he drove his wife somewhere and returned home, not realizing that he didn't have the key fob. It was in his wife's purse.

·
Registered
67 Posts
OK everyone, I just test it so that everyone can confirm it is true. I turn on the car with the app, then open my car door and left the key fob over 6 feet away. The car cluster was still off, you need to hit the power button to actually start the car.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I tried everything to stop that triple beep but never did stop.

GM should remove the term "START" from the GM app but it is the same one used by many models. An ICE can actually start. The EV doesn't unless the fob is inside the car. You can open the door with fob maybe 6 feet away or via app.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts