Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several months of monitoring listings I'm ready to pull the trigger. Safe to say it's a buyer's market based on how many have been sitting on the lot for months however the only info I'm missing (which is the most important) is how much they're actually selling for. It would be greatly appreciated if the following could be included: date, location, color (of the car), options, and how the price broke down between base/taxes/fees. TIA!

·
Registered
2017 Bolt LT Mosaic Black comfort & convenience driver confidence 1
9 Posts
After several months of monitoring listings I'm ready to pull the trigger. Safe to say it's a buyer's market based on how many have been sitting on the lot for months however the only info I'm missing (which is the most important) is how much they're actually selling for. It would be greatly appreciated if the following could be included: date, location, color (of the car), options, and how the price broke down between base/taxes/fees. TIA!
bought a red premier for $15988 for my son late October in Watsonville. It had the Bose, driver confidence2 and DCFC
I bought a black LT two days before the recall was announced Nov 13 for $13700 in San Jose with comfort and convenience and driver confidence1 and DCFC. Standard fees and taxes applied
I don't see a buyer's market while there's a stop sale order so the few Bolts in non chevy dealer lots and independent used car lots are charging a premium.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
380 Posts
bought a red premier for $15988 for my son late October in Watsonville. It had the Bose, driver confidence2 and DCFC
I bought a black LT two days before the recall was announced Nov 13 for $13700 in San Jose with comfort and convenience and driver confidence1 and DCFC. Standard fees and taxes applied
I don't see a buyer's market while there's a stop sale order so the few Bolts in non chevy dealer lots and independent used car lots are charging a premium.
So crazy. I bought a 2017 Premier with 30k miles in Sacramento in October of 2019 for $24k. Prices dropped so much over the course of a year.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Prices dropped so much over the course of a year.
Pretty sure that's because all these leased cars are now on the market. Bolt became available the end of 2016. That would make the end of 2019 when the 3 year leases would have started hitting the market. I'd be curious how many Bolts are being leased as opposed to being bought. Seems like a lot of people are leasing with this new technology.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
380 Posts
Pretty sure that's because all these leased cars are now on the market. Bolt became available the end of 2016. That would make the end of 2019 when the 3 year leases would have started hitting the market. I'd be curious how many Bolts are being leased as opposed to being bought. Seems like a lot of people are leasing with this new technology.
For sure. When I first started shopping for a Bolt on CarMax I would almost never see any listed. Starting in early 2020, CarMax dealerships in my area were flooded with most having been leases.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased a 2017 Premier with comfort /driver confidence 2 and DC with 39k for 15,900 ( + 400 "dealer fee" and GA tax ) here in Atlanta. I had been watching for about 3 months and this was the first Premier I saw under 16,000$. This was a smaller used car dealer. The recall has NOT been done on the vehicle ( it still had hilltop mode available ) . I know many larger and official dealers have have many used Bolts on the lots but are not allowed to sell them. I imagine whenever they are allowed to release them after the solution to the recall is known the price may drop some.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yep, lease returns are showing up all over the place!

$16.2k for a maxed out Premier with 49k miles. And now I feel like I should have waited.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did those break down between base price, taxes and fees? I'm trying to gauge what is considered reasonable for dealer fees, from what I've seen so far they can range from $400 into the thousands.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, lease returns are showing up all over the place!

$16.2k for a maxed out Premier with 49k miles. And now I feel like I should have waited.....
Which area, and how did it break down between base price, taxes and fees? I'm trying to gauge what is considered reasonable for dealer fees, from what I've seen so far they can range from $400 into the thousands.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
380 Posts
In which market? The nationwide inventory tracking I've been doing says there are half as many available as 2 months ago.

We're going 2 weeks between seeing new listings in Oregon.
Wow, that's surprising. Sac here and there are regularly between five and 10 at CarMax locations in my area. Not to mention Carvana has some as well, though they're not selling the ones that are still under recall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts