Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was happy when I heard about the 30% tax credit for EVSE install in 2017 (Form 8911), but now it is looking like I won't be able to use it. Is anyone else in my situation who will have a carryover to 2018 tax year for tax credits on an PV solar install (Form 5695)? From what I am seeing I can only make use of Form 8911 if I do not have any carryover to 2018 from my PV solar install. This feels like a glitch in the system to me. I should be able to use first what will expire, not that which can be carried over. It does make allowance to use the amount from Form 8936 (EV $7500 tax credit) before any carryover from Form 5695.

Btw, I bought my Bolt used, so no tax credit there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My accountant did my taxes and she said I was only able to declare the 7500 not the evse something about the figures amt or something even though I had enough income tax to cover it

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The piece I have issue with is that they make room for the $7500 EV tax credit, but do not allow the same for the EVSE install when dealing with a carry over tax credit from PV Solar for example. I'm guessing it is a glitch due to the approval of Form 8911 very late in the year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts