Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even after searching through this forum, I couldn't find a way to determine if my car had actually been shipped.

Asked my dealer when I might receive the silver ice Bolt Premier I just bought (previous buyer cancelled order) and was told that although they knew that the car was built, they had no information regarding shipping. (BTW, I heard the same thing from a couple of other dealers I contacted). He told me he'd contact me when they were notified the car had shipped.

So I decided to do a bit of research.

I tried pursuing a zillion various links that popped up after a Google search with no luck, so... duh... I did the obvious thing- ask Chevy. When all else fails, do the obvious.

I used the Chevy customer chat link (http://www.chevrolet.com/contact/chat.html) and got immediate help from a very high performing customer service guy who was able to use the VIN provided to me by the dealer (order number would work too) to determine that the car had already been shipped. He didn't have an ETA, but just knowing that the car is "on its way" made me smile all day long. Rather than rely on my dealer, I'll check in with the Mother Ship occasionally to see if I can pin down the ETA.

Hope this might be of some help/interest others in the forum.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I've used those chat boxes before, but it's always with a specific dealership and not the main Chevy mother-ship. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picked up my Bolt last night!!!

I am a very happy camper!

:)

Even after searching through this forum, I couldn't find a way to determine if my car had actually been shipped.

Asked my dealer when I might receive the silver ice Bolt Premier I just bought (previous buyer cancelled order) and was told that although they knew that the car was built, they had no information regarding shipping. (BTW, I heard the same thing from a couple of other dealers I contacted). He told me he'd contact me when they were notified the car had shipped.

So I decided to do a bit of research.

I tried pursuing a zillion various links that popped up after a Google search with no luck, so... duh... I did the obvious thing- ask Chevy. When all else fails, do the obvious.

I used the Chevy customer chat link (http://www.chevrolet.com/contact/chat.html) and got immediate help from a very high performing customer service guy who was able to use the VIN provided to me by the dealer (order number would work too) to determine that the car had already been shipped. He didn't have an ETA, but just knowing that the car is "on its way" made me smile all day long. Rather than rely on my dealer, I'll check in with the Mother Ship occasionally to see if I can pin down the ETA.

Hope this might be of some help/interest others in the forum.

·
Registered
94 Posts
When they say shipped it's not necessarily on a moving train tho. You can contact the dealer and they have what rail company and rail car it's on. Think it's called a orderworkbench sheet. There's an automated number you can call to see the location. I must have tossed all my stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts