Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my car on Wed and haven't heard from the EV Concierge to redeem my offer and send me to QMeric for install. How long does this normally take? My sales guy said this could take a while but that doesn't seem right

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m in Canada and this is what I’m worried about, I live in a small town and will only have to charge from home and there is only 1 charging station at the IKEA in my city. Salesman said they schedule the hook up after I take delivery, that could take weeks :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got my car on Wed and haven't heard from the EV Concierge to redeem my offer and send me to QMeric for install. How long does this normally take? My sales guy said this could take a while but that doesn't seem right
I purchased mine on July 9th (Friday) and received an email from QMerit the next day. Make sure your dealer filled out the paperwork to initiate the process.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The salesperson has to initiate this, not the EV concierge. You should get an e-mail within a day o the salesperson filling out their end. The e-mail contains some information for you to fill out, and it is usually only a few days after that you will hear from Qmerit directly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
text messages were actually pretty rude from the dealers perspective. They were like you just bought the car, give it a minute but my feedback to them was they pushed me along to buy and they should return the partnership and complete the paperwork. 15 minutes later they said "oh we need to fill out a form", 5 minutes later i got the email!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
1,204 Posts
I have repeatedly contacted my dealer on this subject, and have received no reply. I've given up.
How far is the dealer? Maybe a personal visit with a box of donuts might help. The Level 2 installation benefit is worth up to $1250 (up to $1000 for the installation and up to $250 for the permits), and a box of donuts is $10.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How far is the dealer? Maybe a personal visit with a box of donuts might help. The Level 2 installation benefit is worth up to $1250 (up to $1000 for the installation and up to $250 for the permits), and a box of donuts is $10.
I installed a 240 volt outlet myself for less than $100. It's not worth the trouble to deal with the dealer.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The form filling went fast, but there are a host of other issues I'll discuss when I get the job completed.
I don't like the process of using a middleman, Qmerit, in California, who selects the electrician near you.
We could easily do this ourselves more quickly and cheaply.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I installed a 240 volt outlet myself for less than $100. It's not worth the trouble to deal with the dealer.
It's not so cheap if you need about 60 ft of 40 amp cable to go from your panel in the cellar to the attached garage.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,296 Posts
It's not so cheap if you need about 60 ft of 40 amp cable to go from your panel in the cellar to the attached garage.
True.

I'd run 50A cable for a true 50A circuit, with a 14-50R at the end. Also, run all four wires (HOT, HOT, NEUTRAL, and GROUND). Most EVSEs require only HOT, HOT and GROUND, so an electrician might recommend only running those three wires, to save money. By running NEUTRAL also, you'll have the flexibility to get two 120V circuits (on different phases) at the termination point of the circuit. 120V circuits require NEUTRAL, and the incremental cost isn't that much more money.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got a call quickly after filling out the simple form. The local company came by to check out what was needed, we scheduled the work, they came on time did a lot of great work....totally professional.

·
Registered
350 Posts
That is awesome that you have the knowledge and wherewithal to do it yourself, but I like that GM has a sponsored and supported process to offer it to customers without your resourcefulness. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you have an attached garage you're fine. I do not and the form automatically defaulted to "you do not qualify for this program However, you will qualify for up to $1,000.00 towards cable for an underground installation made by your own contractor/electrician". I already have a 10ga. three wire with ground circuit in my garage and just installed a 4" box with a 30 amp receptacle for future use. At this point I'm just using a 20 amp 110 plug I installed when I built the garage. That allows 12 amp charging from the supplied EVSE from GM. The 30 amp circuit would allow 24 amp charging at 220 volts allowing for the 20% safety factor. Good luck on your install.

Scott

·
Registered
14 Posts
text messages were actually pretty rude from the dealers perspective. They were like you just bought the car, give it a minute but my feedback to them was they pushed me along to buy and they should return the partnership and complete the paperwork. 15 minutes later they said "oh we need to fill out a form", 5 minutes later i got the email!
Hi,

I'm dealing with a similar situation, although my dealer did their part. I would call QMerit to confirm all is well: 888-272-0090. That's the number I got in my e-mail from them. QMeritt will send you some e-mails you need to act on, then a local electrician should be contacting you so they can send you an e-mail with a quote you "approve" so they can then submit to Qmerit, then, apparently, the actual appointment.

In my case, the local electrician dropped the ball and my follow up call with them got things going again. Apparently, it's their first time dealing with Qmerit so they need to do some things on their end.

At the end of the day, you'll need to follow up with Qmerit and whomever the local electrician is until you get a concrete appointment/install date.

·
Registered
341 Posts
True.

I'd run 50A cable for a true 50A circuit, with a 14-50R at the end. Also, run all four wires (HOT, HOT, NEUTRAL, and GROUND). Most EVSEs require only HOT, HOT and GROUND, so an electrician might recommend only running those three wires, to save money. By running NEUTRAL also, you'll have the flexibility to get two 120V circuits (on different phases) at the termination point of the circuit. 120V circuits require NEUTRAL, and the incremental cost isn't that much more money.
Thanks. Already have a 120v line in my garage.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi,

I'm dealing with a similar situation, although my dealer did their part. I would call QMerit to confirm all is well: 888-272-0090. That's the number I got in my e-mail from them. QMeritt will send you some e-mails you need to act on, then a local electrician should be contacting you so they can send you an e-mail with a quote you "approve" so they can then submit to Qmerit, then, apparently, the actual appointment.

In my case, the local electrician dropped the ball and my follow up call with them got things going again. Apparently, it's their first time dealing with Qmerit so they need to do some things on their end.

At the end of the day, you'll need to follow up with Qmerit and whomever the local electrician is until you get a concrete appointment/install date.
The electrician never sent the quote to me. Sent it to QMerit. I had to get the estimate from QMerit. I did not like that.

·
Registered
341 Posts
That is awesome that you have the knowledge and wherewithal to do it yourself, but I like that GM has a sponsored and supported process to offer it to customers without your resourcefulness. :)
My impression is GM wants to handle it--if they are going to pay for a good part of it. Especially the permit part. They want to make sure they are covered for liability. That may not apply if you do it yourself and they don't have to pay for the instal.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts