Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
My impression is GM wants to handle it--if they are going to pay for a good part of it. Especially the permit part. They want to make sure they are covered for liability. That may not apply if you do it yourself and they don't have to pay for the instal.
You got that right. They put a fair bit of work into building up a network through QMerit just so they could have that control over the installations that they are covering. This one thing I think GM is handling really well. Now if they could just get a handle on the fire stuff.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ironically, I just got an e-mail from the electrician. They're telling me Qmerit is requiring a permit being obtained for the work. So they sent me over an "Application for Electrical Permit" which I have to sign and get notarized. What a HASSLE.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It took one month for the installation to be completed from the time I bought the Bolt. There was a week of communications with the dealer, Qmerit and the local installer, and then it was three weeks before the installation crew showed up.

The Chevy program was new in June, so the dealer wasn't aware of it when I bought their first '22 Bolt, but things went smoothly once Qmerit and the local contractor got involved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm on Day 13 teaching my dealer about this program. I know way more about this program than they do. Still no email from GM to start the application. I'm not giving up. I know by my driving needs a Level 1 will not be sufficient for the long-term. I talked to Qmerit and they offered to call the dealer to tell them what buttons to push in their own GM portal to make this happen. Seems like a 2 minute process on the dealer side. Maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The form filling went fast, but there are a host of other issues I'll discuss when I get the job completed.
I don't like the process of using a middleman, Qmerit, in California, who selects the electrician near you.
We could easily do this ourselves more quickly and cheaply.
Provided you know what you're doing, and installing proper wiring, breakers, and using proper installation techniques. That's what you pay a pro for. >>And what your insurance demands.<<

·
Registered
341 Posts
Provided you know what you're doing, and installing proper wiring, breakers, and using proper installation techniques. That's what you pay a pro for. >>And what your insurance demands.<<
I'm talking about hiring a local electrician yourself, not doing the job yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my car on Wed and haven't heard from the EV Concierge to redeem my offer and send me to QMeric for install. How long does this normally take? My sales guy said this could take a while but that doesn't seem right
Got my 2022 Bolt 2LT and a week later my dealer contacted me to have me come back in and be put in the system for the free outlet install and when I got back home I had an email with a form to complete with Qmerit and got an approval the same day but didn't hear anything else so contacted Qmerit at the phone number in the email and they gave me the phone number for company that was assigned to the job, so I contacted the electrician and they said I wasn't in their system so contacted Qmerit again and was told to give it a couple days so I did and still nothing so called Qmerit again and at that time they sent it to a different electrical company and I finally got a call from the electrician and they wanted to come out and look at the job before they accepted the job which they did the next day and they said they would be glad to do it but had to get the final approval from Qmerit before they could schedule the job so waited until the next day and didn't hear anything so called the electrician and they said they were still waiting for the approval, so called Qmerit again and they said they would send the approval which they did and then finally I got a call about 10 minutes later with the appointment for the next day for the install which they complete quickly. All in all it took me 3 weeks to get done, but my advice is to stay on top of it or it may never happen. If the dealer does their part and puts you it the system you should be contacted by Qmerit pretty quick usually within 1 business day, fill ot the required information with Qmerit and it should be approved within a few hours then wait for a call from the electrician within a day or 2 if you don't contacted call Qmerit to push them but it shouldn't take long but you have to stay on top of it, don't be shy! Hope this helps

21 - 27 of 27 Posts