Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to see a movie Sunday and at the AMC in Emeryville they have one spot with a free charger. So I got 6 to 10 kWh for free. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to extract that amount from the Bolts console display. Usually, my home charge point app tells me. Does the Bolt tell how much charge was received? I thought so, but can't get it to come out.

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard about this charger with the Bolt ad attached. I wonder if it's sponsored by Chevrolet?
Works on other cars as well. Last time I was there a fancy plug in hybrid, Honda, I think was charging there. The ad is definitely for the Bolt.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's nice of them to install a free charger. I can't seem to find the option to see how much you charged in the owner's manual, maybe someone else will know.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That's pretty cool... well at least, it's cool for the guy that makes it there when nobody else is there lol. There's only one there correct?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does the Bolt tell how much charge was received? I thought so, but can't get it to come out.
To my knowledge, there is not any way to determine how much charge the Bolt received. The Bolt will only let you know how many miles you have gained. It is kind of a major bummer honestly since not every charger you may use will necessarily give you a report on how much kW you received. I plug into a 120v Level 1 charger at my work (because it's free) and I have to guesstimate how much kW I get based on the increase in miles I get.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
increased in guesstimated miles as well so that's kind of a hit and miss too right?
Especially since when I charge at home, it is hill top mode and this was full charge. When I charge at home, I find that
the Bolt numbers for kWh used since last full charge are very close to the Charge Point App value of kWh added.

So I probably put in 10 kWhr, worth about $1.20, paid $10.95 for the movie, $2.50 for parking. Yeah, I saved a lot.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just check your my Chevy app. Before and after and note the % level of charge. It's very linear. Each % point is 0.6kw. Or each bar in the hud display is 5% and then you have the 1/4 way marks too

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just check your my Chevy app. Before and after and note the % level of charge. It's very linear. Each % point is 0.6kw. Or each bar in the hud display is 5% and then you have the 1/4 way marks too
Thanks, I was thinking about that. I vote for a software upgrade, where they don't hide the kWh remaining. A minor point for sure.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
... if only the Chevrolet/OnStar site works... still shows me charging 0 KWh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts