Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know a card only costs $5, and the actual electricity costs extra, but I did see some materials on a Chevrolet page that suggested I should have gotten a card with my Bolt. Did anyone else get a card with their purchase?

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Yes, I know a card only costs $5, and the actual electricity costs extra, but I did see some materials on a Chevrolet page that suggested I should have gotten a card with my Bolt. Did anyone else get a card with their purchase?
I got one. Was in the same plastic bag as the owner's manual, warranty booklet, etc. I think it was a greeting card like envelope that contained the card.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hmmm. Thanks! I will have to look in the bag! I have has the manual on my iPhone for months, so never bothered to look in the bag. I have a Chargepoint account already (3rd EV) as well as Blink and EVgo. Hardly use any of them, since I charge at home, but planning on a trip up to wine country next month, and will certainly be charging "remotely" then!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got one. Was in the same plastic bag as the owner's manual, warranty booklet, etc. I think it was a greeting card like envelope that contained the card.
I also got one I the package with the owners manual.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hmmm. Thanks! I will have to look in the bag! I have has the manual on my iPhone for months, so never bothered to look in the bag. I have a Chargepoint account already (3rd EV) as well as Blink and EVgo. Hardly use any of them, since I charge at home, but planning on a trip up to wine country next month, and will certainly be charging "remotely" then!
There was a ChargePoint card but not loaded.

If you are going to Sonoma / Napa wine country there's 3 ChargePoint D.C. Chargers in rohnert park and they are free!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks Forman. Good to know that...

My first stop is Petaluma. Several charging stations right downtown, according to CarStations and Chargepoint apps. Then off to Sonoma. Staying at the El Pueblo which as charging stations on site.

I have DriveTheARC, ChargePoint, Blink, CarStations, EV Charge and Next Charge apps all installed on the phone, so I have multiple "views" of available chargers "out there in the wilderness" when i am away from my trusty Bosch unit at home :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks Forman. Good to know that...

My first stop is Petaluma. Several charging stations right downtown, according to CarStations and Chargepoint apps. Then off to Sonoma. Staying at the El Pueblo which as charging stations on site.

I have DriveTheARC, ChargePoint, Blink, CarStations, EV Charge and Next Charge apps all installed on the phone, so I have multiple "views" of available chargers "out there in the wilderness" when i am away from my trusty Bosch unit at home :)
may I also suggest the plugshare app, shows a lot of chargepoint stations that are not on the network

·
Registered
786 Posts
There is a large solar-powered station here in my home city that supplies five stations with free charging using Level 2 ChargePoint EVSEs. The engineer that built it uses it to charge his red 2009 Tesla Motors Roadster (the first here), so anyone who has a Chevy Bolt EV and a ChargePoint card can use this place, too. it is posted as "Solar City" under PlugShare.com.

But I can't avoid warning you that the station is over 1,600 miles away from the Florida coast across part of the Atlantic Ocean!

So we have free ChargePoint stations, I have a Level 2 EVSE (set up at 7.2 kW), but we have no Chevy Bolt EVs to use them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts