Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After starting, the infotainment display screen would only display the forward camera. However, if I put the car in reverse it would display the rear camera. Then if I drove in D or L mode the screen, again, displayed only the front camera. I stopped the car twice; shut it down for maybe 15 to 30 seconds; turned it back on and again the screen displayed only the front camera. I had to travel around 15 minutes and then stopped and shut off the engine for maybe 15 or 20 minutes. After I returned and started the car it must have rebooted since everything returned to normal. I have had normal operation during the next week of driving.
I love my Bolt which is two months old and has 2500 miles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would suggest getting your infotainment updated at the dealer (or yourself with USB drive). However a quick fix if it happens again is to hold the home and skip forward button for 10 seconds, this will reboot the infotainment without having to turn the car off.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I would suggest getting your infotainment updated at the dealer (or yourself with USB drive). However a quick fix if it happens again is to hold the home and skip forward button for 10 seconds, this will reboot the infotainment without having to turn the car off.
The USB update that's available online is only half the equasion and will not affect the
camera control glitch. It will require the control module software to be updated as well.
Only the dealer can update it to the latest GM software release.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts