Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
526 Posts
I just installed these on my 2022 Bolt and it gave me a 1.5" lift to my front end. This definately improves my clearance and avoids parking blocks from damages under my front bumper. Super easy to install and tools were not necessary. Just some greese. These clear speed bumps effectively, too. Steardier and well balaced on curves. I can't tell you guys anything on aero dynamics. But, I don't believe the effect will be too detrimental. My Bolt is just a city commuter. Not a freeway extreemer. They are: 2pcs A Style Car Auto Shock Absorber Power Cushion Buffer Special Spring Bumper obtainable either on Ebay or amazon. Hope this benefits some of you.
Interesting form of lift... How did the alignment work after ?

Did you re-aim your headlights ?

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
526 Posts
No need for an alignment. No need to reaim headlights. There is no lift. Just a reduction in suspension range of movement. Look at the photo. The car sits level still. No actual lift.
Just going off this, giving OP benefit of the doubt. Although I didn't see any before/after measurements that are common when you lift.
I just installed these on my 2022 Bolt and it gave me a 1.5" lift to my front end.
I have my doubts as well based on both the pictures and since this is neither a higher springrate coil, preload spacer, nor coil spacer. It's something in-between that temporarily increases springrate by preventing the coils from compressing as they normally would. Theoretically it could provide some lift...

In general, even a small amount of lift to make a car/truck level should necessitate re-aiming the headlights out of common courtesy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts