Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front Pedestrian Breaking and Deer. Page 225 of the Owner's Manual. Apparently Front Pedestrian Breaking FPB currently only recognizes the adult human silhouette. Chevy should amend the software to include other critters like deer, bear, dogs and children (not necessarily in that order). I'm much more likely to cream a deer than smack a pedestrian.
Frankly I don’t have a lot of confidence in FPB in its present from because many times I’ve driven past people walking/standing along the road without a peep from FPB.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It only peeps if the pedestrian is in your travel lane. If the pedestrian is along the side of the road, an ever-so-tiny icon appears on your DIC.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I hope I never have a car that "breaks" when it sees a pedestrian or other obstacle. "Brakes" on the other hand ....

And do you really want your car to brake when it sees a pedestrian walking/standing on the side of the road? Or even beep/chime? Imagine what it would be like driving in an urban setting, some nightmare version of Morse Code.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Front Pedestrian Breaking and Deer. Page 225 of the Owner's Manual. Apparently Front Pedestrian Breaking FPB currently only recognizes the adult human silhouette. Chevy should amend the software to include other critters like deer, bear, dogs and children (not necessarily in that order). I'm much more likely to cream a deer than smack a pedestrian.
Yep, it would be nice. Not there yet, though. Glad to have at least what it can do.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Mine will see an adult walking on the sidewalk once and a while.
No braking. but it did yell at me when I was on a turn and the person was on the sidewalk infront.

You WOULD think that it would stop for ANYTHING in the front of the car like a Deer :(

I had a sales guy tell me it stopped for a squirrel ... BS, I didn't buy from him either

·
Registered
121 Posts
Until deer-icide becomes a felony in a majority of states, don't think auto manufacturers will give it a second thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts