Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Does anyone have front & rear door panel removal instructions and/or diagrams?
I want to upgrade the stock speakers.
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
I don't think anybody has posted up a tutorial or anything like that, but a few of our members have done it and hopefully they can chime in a walk you through it. A nice picture tutorial would be awesome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Door panel removal

Can anyone provide the locations and sequence of fastener removal for front and rear door panels?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Can anyone provide the locations and sequence of fastener removal for front and rear door panels?
The procedure are almost the same for front or rear door panels. Only have to remove the white decoration it have a screw behind it;

If you're used to install or replace OEM speaker, it's basically the same way for removing. If it's your first time, be prepare to scratch some plastic because Bolt is full of that... At least buy this tool if you don't have;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Door-Panel-Remover-Tool-Retainer-Clip-Pry-Auto-Body-Trim-upholstery-/322509659569?var=&hash=item4b1712ddb1:m:mt39gKo-WT1QQ2HRsVWtSrw

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
For these jobs, I go to the paint aisle at Home Depot, and buy some plastic putty knives in various widths. Start with a thin one to get a gap started, then switch to wide ones. If you can't find the plastic ones, use a metal putty knife that's been wrapped with electrical tape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts