Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the iPhone's "myChevrolet" (OnStar) app, in the Settings / Communications Preferences / EV Notifications / Event Notifications, both 'Charge Interrupted' and 'Charge Complete' are set to ON, but in the first two charges there was no SMS coming my way.

Apart from that issue, I was able to delve into the EV's charging scheduler, and liked all the details regarding summer/winter rates, and the various charging options. With the Fiat 500e, it was just a simpler range of hours in the timer.

·
Registered
372 Posts
In the iPhone's "myChevrolet" (OnStar) app, in the Settings / Communications Preferences / EV Notifications / Event Notifications, both 'Charge Interrupted' and 'Charge Complete' are set to ON, but in the first two charges there was no SMS coming my way.

Apart from that issue, I was able to delve into the EV's charging scheduler, and liked all the details regarding summer/winter rates, and the various charging options. With the Fiat 500e, it was just a simpler range of hours in the timer.
Curious. I get both notifications, although now that I let my onstar drop to basic, I can no longer query charge state.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Android user here, still on my 3-month trial of full OnStar. I have the charge interrupted and complete notifications turned on and the complete notification was sent as recently as yesterday. I can't seem to find an interrupted text message.

If it's any consolation, I still have SMS notifications from my old Volt despite marking it as "No longer owned" in OnStar/my.chevrolet.com. New owner is keeping it charged religiously as I get 2 messages a day when it completes charging. They even had a recent charge interruption on Oct 26th, so SMS should be working on both the Bolt and Volt.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Android user here, still on my 3-month trial of full OnStar. I have the charge interrupted and complete notifications turned on and the complete notification was sent as recently as yesterday. I can't seem to find an interrupted text message.

If it's any consolation, I still have SMS notifications from my old Volt despite marking it as "No longer owned" in OnStar/my.chevrolet.com. New owner is keeping it charged religiously as I get 2 messages a day when it completes charging. They even had a recent charge interruption on Oct 26th, so SMS should be working on both the Bolt and Volt.
I seem to remember that the ability to connect with a car remains until a new owner registers it in the system. Read where one person wrote he can use his app to check on his old car's location half way across the country, and occasionally make it honk in the middle of the night.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks like on the basic Onstar, I still get the messages, but I no longer have the ability to configure them. The app just times out when I try to access that screen, even though everything else seems to work.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Verified by getting a trial guidance package that the ability to configure these notifications is gated by that, despite getting them either way.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Verified by getting a trial guidance package that the ability to configure these notifications is gated by that, despite getting them either way.
I hope this isn't the case. I had notifications on my old Volt for the entire year I had it with only OnStar Basic. I'm hoping after my 3-month trial on my Bolt is over in a few days, I still get SMS text notifications and can pull vehicle status from the myChevy app.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I hope this isn't the case. I had notifications on my old Volt for the entire year I had it with only OnStar Basic. I'm hoping after my 3-month trial on my Bolt is over in a few days, I still get SMS text notifications and can pull vehicle status from the myChevy app.
As far as I can tell, you still receive the notifications, but you aren't able to configure them anymore. I would think that there's a bug somewhere, but I don't know where to report it to get that fixed. It's as if nobody tests this menu with the different plan permutations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am able to get notifications when charging at a Charge Point location, but not from my home using an Aeroenvironment Charger (the same one used by Chevrolet at their own showrooms).
I have all notifications set to ON for both email and text.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have basic OnPoint (did not give them my credit card) and I managed to get the charge reminder to work. It wasn't working originally but I got it work after playing with the app settings multiple times. I would turn the email on/off , then the SMS on/off, and save in between each change. Eventually, I got the reminders and I'm scared to change it again lol

·
Registered
624 Posts
toggling all the settings a few times seems to get it to work. be aware that you'll probably have to do it again if you do a software update on your phone though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I get 2-3 charge interrupted texts at a time, because OnStar politely informs me in both English and French. But no charge completed texts ever. One month into ownership, 3month trial package.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts