Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I drove my 2020 bolt from 100% SOC to 21.2% DIC. I did not want to drive any more yesterday and I am planning to drive the battery down some more to get a better battery capacity estimate. Today, after my partner when shopping I checked and the SOC DIC is now 25.5. No hills around here that will do that. The RAW SOC has also gone from 22.8 to 26.7.
Yesterday:

Today:

I am doing the capacity test because of the low estimated capacity on my 6 month old car. The capacity estimate has been dropping a bunch lately.
Ken

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
791 Posts
Your battery capacity raw Ah seems low. For a new-ish 2020, you'd expect something in the 180's. What happened to the total kWh used PID in the 2nd pic?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your battery capacity raw Ah seems low. For a new-ish 2020, you'd expect something in the 180's. What happened to the total kWh used PID in the 2nd pic?
Yes, the capacity raw Ah is low and has been dropping, which is why I want to test the capacity through full charge and usage.

I took the total kWh used off because it was giving me nonsensical values. I did not find the PID in the list from Chevy Bolt OBD2 PIDs – All EV Info so I assume I entered info incorrectly and/or that is not correct for the 2020+ models.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And after driving it down to 9% SOC DIC my computation is that the capacity is 62.31 kWh.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes, quite sure it is a 2020. A month ago the Ah was 183.3, which is part of my concern. Nothing to do at the moment but wait and see where it goes.
FWIW, my 16 month old 2020 (11000mi) has repeatedly shown about 63 kWh in drive down testing. The pid values have consistently been 185-186Ah and 59-60kWh estimated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts