Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may upgrade my cell phone to the S8+ and was wondering if anybody has one and whether it fits into the wireless charging port in the center console. And for that case I was also looking at the Galaxy note 8, which has not come out yet, but I assume it is the same size as the previous Samsung Note. It might be easier if I were to ask if Anybody had any difficulty with a cell phone that does not fit into the wireless charging dock?

·
Registered
95 Posts
my note 3 - I know it's antique lol - doesn't fit ...

my wife's s5 fits but it doesn't seem to be charging maybe because of the aftermarket wireless adapter it has?

imo it's a gag and not very functional... I bought a phone holder that fits in one of the cupholders with a 12"? arm, works great ..

·
Registered
95 Posts
the S5 does not fit ... I tried again ... I did see an S8 today and it seems the same width than the S5 ... so i'd say it doesn't fit ...

I must have been high when I tested this ... I tried again and it fits with room to spare (without case), the s8+ is 1mm wider than the S5, so the S8+ should fit just fine without case unless it's to tall ...

but then the OP seem to have lost interest anyway lol

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
To my knowledge from what I can compare, the S8 was "thinner" in the width than the current phones, maybe if you could find the dimensions of it online, which it should be everywhere, you could measure it and check ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Pixel XL with Spigen armor case barely fits. I have to push pretty hard but it will go. Rather than fight the rubber insert with the strange protrusions in the slot I removed it and let my phone rattle around in there while I drive.

The Pixel doesn't have wireless charging and my phone is always plugged in to USB for android auto anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts