Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I just checked my wheel, both sides, and there’s a very small amount of play, a lot less than in your video.

My trim pieces fit more flush with the rest of the wheel.

I took pics of both sides so you can compare:

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
I got excited watching your image, thinking you had discovered a new steering wheel control button!

Honestly, your "issue" doesn't make me motivated enough to go to the garage and look. If I found what you found, I'd probably decide a sufficient solution would be something like, "I'll never press that part of my steering wheel again."

But I get that it bugs you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My wife’s 2017 Volt has the same issue. My Bolt doesn’t. She doesn’t care and it’s a lease so we probably won’t don’t anything about it.

·
Registered
7,021 Posts
Honestly, your "issue" doesn't make me motivated enough to go to the garage and look. If I found what you found, I'd probably decide a sufficient solution would be something like, "I'll never press that part of my steering wheel again."
Yep, in cases like this I figure it's better just not to know. It's not as if it actually affects anything.

·
Registered
7,021 Posts
How many of us with 2017's ran out to look if our wheel well liners were fitting properly...
Not me, although I plan to swap out my snow tires tomorrow so I guess I'll notice whether or not there's a problem. I certainly haven't noticed one up until this point.

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
I somehow missed this post over three years ago. I looked yesterday. It is perfect. Thank goodness, I don't want to have to sell it at this point. ;)

·
Registered
7,021 Posts
Not me, although I plan to swap out my snow tires tomorrow so I guess I'll notice whether or not there's a problem. I certainly haven't noticed one up until this point.
Well I swapped my snow tires today and my wheel well liners are just fine.

Then when I came back to this thread to breathlessly post these results I realized that I had mixed it up with this thread.

So I had to go back out to the car and check the steering wheel. It's fine too.

Yeah, if I press hard enough on the bottom I can get it to move maybe 1/16th of an inch. My attitude is: "so what?".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts