Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

"There may come an end of the run for certain vehicles, and they’re replaced with an EV versus us redoing it as an ICE. And you know the life cycles on cars. It’s not like this is going to happen overnight”.
However, it plans to introduce 10 all-new EVs before 2025, which will include the refreshed Bolt EV, the new Chevrolet Bolt EUV crossover, the Cadillac Lyriqcrossover and the GMC Hummer EV pickup and SUV.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well, I'll believe it when I see it. A lot of loose talk from car manufacturers about electrifying. We'll be lucky to not lose a few manufacturers when this Covid thing is over...

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Diesel-pickup sales jumped in Q1 in the US.

https://electrek.co/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2020/05/DTF_SalesGRAPHS_2020_Q1.jpg

The International Council on Clean Transportation found last year that nearly 50% of transport pollution deaths each year are linked to diesel emissions. According to the ICCT, the United States saw 22,000 deaths from transport pollution, of which 43 percent were related to diesel vehicles.

Apparently the jump in diesel pickup sales was not enough.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
^ yeah, sad but quite possibly true.

I was watching the series "Halt and Catch Fire" last night, and the CFO was telling their lead 22yo programmer that people in the company were secretly hoping her IBM PC clone BIOS and OS would fail. She couldn't understand why they would want her to fail as they all work for the same company? The middle aged CFO told her.. "you represent the future... and there's nothing scarier than that!".

I guess that's almost where we're at with EV's...
Tesla now has 400+ mi range vehicles and the Cybertruck and Roadster II will have 500+ mi range which surpasses the single tank range of ICE vehicles and require practically no maintenance. True "Disruptors"...

·
Registered
692 Posts
If GM stopped developing new ICE platforms TODAY, the pipeline would probably take a decade to clear and switch to EVs. I think EV enthusiasts are unrealistic about how quickly a legacy company can actually switch to EVs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts