·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
786 Posts
Tax the gasoline and Diesel cars

If the German government doesn't want to continue the tax breaks for BEVs, then do the opposite: tax the gasoline and Diesel cars more. This will increase their tax revenue, but leave the BEVs out. Then the public will have a monetary incentive to buy an BEV: pay less taxes!

I wish Congress would do this in the U.S. because many customers don't have enough income to reach the full ($7,500) tax credit, but there is too much oil money going into Congresspersons' pockets.>:)

·
Registered
428 Posts
If the German government doesn't want to continue the tax breaks for BEVs, then do the opposite: tax the gasoline and Diesel cars more. This will increase their tax revenue, but leave the BEVs out. Then the public will have a monetary incentive to buy an BEV: pay less taxes!

I wish Congress would do this in the U.S. because many customers don't have enough income to reach the full ($7,500) tax credit, but there is too much oil money going into Congresspersons' pockets.>:)
That's exactly what I was thinking. Increase taxes on regular cars and tax revenue will go up. Also, people won't be driving as many polluting gas powered cars which is another win. A lesser but still substantial tax break on EVs could also be done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts