Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Getting a New Battery?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Eck173 
#1 ·
I called Chevrolet for the new seat belt restrainer thing (recall) to be fixed and was told that my car should be getting a new battery too due to the fire risk recall. What a surprise that was!

I have 46k on my 2021 and it's flawless.

A new battery would basically make it a new car!

Anyone want to share any tips or heads up about the process?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
I am very interested so I will be looking at the details.

Thank you much.

I am hoping the new battery is just as "good" as what I have in terms of charging capacity, etc.

Have yet to receive a call from the service manager to schedule a time and I imagine that may take some time. I don't know what incentive a dealership has to change battery on a car they've already sold...

Discussion starter · #8 ·
The service manager said I would get a phone call after the battery was shipped. They've already ordered it but it hasn't shipped yet and it takes a couple of weeks to get to the dealership because it's so heavy.

When that's done they said it is a two-day process to get the new battery in the car.

I agree with the advice to take my time with the battery I have. I don't notice any issues yet and I now have over 48k on the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.