Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is discussed in another thread, please remove this thread and let me know where to post.

Will try to make this brief:

-I have an LT first week build, purchased Oct 16, made Nov, 16, delivered in Jan17.
-Happy owner, never had any issues with charging, just small infotainment stuff.
-18.5 K on car, again no issues ever...have run it low as 30 and 15 before.
-Got call from GM, they said the car sent them a message about inaccurate range/charge displaying.
-Think i read about this, on this forum, months ago about how this was an issue with first build batteries, that was fixed in later models.
-Recall someone wishing for this after many miles, well, guess that is my case.
-Told GM rep, i've never had any issue.
-They said good to hear, but....they want to inspect it, and then will replace the unit.
-No cost to me at all. Free inspection, free new battery swap!

Its like getting a whole new car after a year and a half of driving it. Anyways, glad that they are owning up to this. Probably a defect on Samsung side, since it was their batteries, and they (GM) don't want to take the hit in bad press and customer complaints.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This sounds pretty close to ideal (only thing better would be to get a fresh battery right before the warranty expires).
]
Also, pretty sure LG makes the batteries not Samsung ;)
Yup, LG. you are correct.

I will ask what this does to the power train warranty, forgot to ask that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My guess is that there is zero effect on the warranty. The clock and miles will continue to tick down unaffected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.