Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a techie (retired Air Force avionics technician and retired Dept of the Air Force network engineer) looking to buy my first EV. I've looked at Tesla, but it's outside my price range and from what I can see of the Bolt, it's a superb vehicle. Looks like a great forum! Should help me with owning an EV!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Perfect car for a Zoomie because that's its default mode. ;)

Reactions: TNTrikePilot

·
Registered
917 Posts
Welcome! Lots of great info on this forum, but it sounds like you already did your research and came to the correct conclusion 😉

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome. I debated the same thing, Bolt or Tesla. I have never regretted getting my 2019 Premier Bolt. Best car I have ever owned. With the money I saved by choosing the Bolt, I have been able to get a 2016 Spark EV for my wife. Both cars combined were still cheaper than a dual motor model 3. It's always fun to drive. Enjoy your new Bolt!

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
266 Posts
Welcome. I debated the same thing, Bolt or Tesla. I have never regretted getting my 2019 Premier Bolt. Best car I have ever owned. With the money I saved by choosing the Bolt, I have been able to get a 2016 Spark EV for my wife. Both cars combined were still cheaper than a dual motor model 3. It's always fun to drive. Enjoy your new Bolt!
Love my Bolt and bought it used while coming to a similar conclusion — with the price I paid, I could get a good, second used car or truck and the two vehicles would cost less than one new SR Model 3, which is comparable to my used 2017 Premier.

Good call.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I made the same decision but it wasn't about the money since a little over a year ago when I got my Premier, dealers around here weren't offering the best incentives and it was only a few thousand difference between the Premier and a Model 3 SR. I made the decision based on what I wanted: shorter subcompact, XM radio, 360 camera, better paint job, etc. We get a lot of torrential rain via summer thunderstorms here in FL too so I also feel better driving through puddles and not having to check my rearview all the time to see if I need to turn around and go back for my rear bumper. :D

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts