Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
That explains the huge wind storm last couple of weeks. 馃榾

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have to say that as a new Bolt owner, Chevy's rollout of the app and the communication about charging, etc. is definitely subpar.

The mychevy app failed for at least the first week, maybe two weeks. I was honestly surprised that it worked at least once (worked = completely loaded). I haven't actually asked it to do anything other than load.

Maybe some of failed communication due to the pandemic and they're expecting more information flow from the dealer to the customer but I can see room for a lot of improvement. Of course, if they're assuming that their one-and-fail app is the central point for that knowledge transfer, there's the problem. It's places like this forum that have definitely helped me understand the process of charging, etc. I can't imagine trying to explain the disparate systems, charging levels, etc. to either someone who is older (thinking of my in-laws), not tech savvy or just flat out busy unless they were very motivated to make the time / energy to learn the details.

Registered
2021 Nightfall Gray Metallic Bolt Premier
I made a 500+ mile trip this past weekend, the route seemed to have mostly ChargePoint chargers along the way. Everyone was drop dead simple, drive up, open app, plug in, swipe Charge. I won't mention the nightmare I had a couple of weeks ago at a couple of EA sites..

Registered
I made a 500+ mile trip this past weekend, the route seemed to have mostly ChargePoint chargers along the way. Everyone was drop dead simple, drive up, open app, plug in, swipe Charge. I won't mention the nightmare I had a couple of weeks ago at a couple of EA sites..
Note that if your phone has NFC, you don't even need to open the app. Just tap the phone to the NFC/RFID reader on the station.

I specifically upgraded to my current phone to get NFC to do this.

ga2500ev

21 - 24 of 24 Posts