Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is HUGE! First time in 50 years the logo has changed. Watch the video that's linked in the article...very cool

·
Registered
322 Posts
GM's logo had barely changed since 1964. The new logo is on the right.

I don't really like it because it reminds me of SGI where I worked, who downcased to sgi shortly before dying.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
^ Ah..... that Billy Davis Jr., a lucky man indeed!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Oh, it's supposed to look like an electrical plug or receptacle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
From the referenced article in the first post:

"The new GM logo features a color gradient of vibrant blue tones, evoking the clean skies of a zero-emissions future and the energy of the Ultium platform. The rounded edges and lower-case font create a more modern, inclusive feel. The underline of the “m” connects to the previous GM logos as well as visually representing the Ultium platform. And within the negative space of the “m” is a nod to the shape of an electrical plug."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ugh, that’s pretty awful. GM’s competence is not really showing lately. I’ve never been interested in a GM or really any American brand car until the Bolt came out. Now I’m considering buying a used Bolt, but likely waiting until the battery fix is announced. At least the Chevy logo will stay the same, right?

·
Registered
482 Posts
"The rounded edges and lower-case font create a more modern, inclusive feel."

Can someone explain how the "inclusive feel" part works?

·
Registered
692 Posts

Inclusive language is the latest trend even when speaking to the Creator of the universe such as Rep. Emanuel Cleaver closing Congress’ opening prayer with ‘amen and awoman’!

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
Inclusive language is the latest trend even when speaking to the Creator of the universe such as Rep. Emanuel Cleaver closing Congress’ opening prayer with ‘amen and awoman’!
Yeah. Any damned fool knows the Creator is a real man. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,059 Posts

I'd like to buy the world an electric Hummer, and live in perfect harmony...on a hill...in bell-bottoms.

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
But many a damned fool doesn't know that "Amen" just means "True/faithful or Truly/verily/so be it."
i find it a hoot that we pretend to have separation of church and state in the US. What the heck is a preacher doing in the Congress anyway? That is rhetorical, I know about the 1950's red scare. I was there.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts