Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
i find it a hoot that we pretend to have separation of church and state in the US. What the heck is a preacher doing in the Congress anyway? That is rhetorical, I know about the 1950's red scare. I was there.
Jeez. Take it to the basement. The constitution says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" E.g. Like European monarchs declaring a religion applying to the entire country. It clearly was never intended to exclude religion from the state. I will say no further on the subject here.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Weak!.......They should be spending more energy and resources on new product, fixing problems and improving quality. The GM logo was iconic. Now it seems like its lesser....Just my humble opinion.

Craig

·
Registered
6,967 Posts
I always equated GM with destroying the electric buses in Milwaukee, and spreading lies about their competition. Their reputation could not have been lower in my eyes. So I was hugely surprised by the Bolt. I am not sorry we bought it. It is still the cheapest, sensible EV Americans can buy in all 50 states. I don't expect to see another reasonably sized, reasonable range, reasonably priced EV for five years, at least.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I too have never been a fan of GM or American car makers, in general. Since young, I've equated them with "planned obsolescence. I've been with VW/Audi for 40 years.

But I've always "wanted" to like them. I go out of my way to buy American, but cars... no way. My negative impressions have been reinforced over the years by numerous American brand rental cars, which always had numerous deficiencies and/or serious annoyances. I've watched over the years as the competitive forces have forced American car makers to catch up to and surpass some of the foreign rivals. So I guess it was just time for me to finally give them a chance.

But, I still dislike the typical American car cheap plastic interior, and plan to do some modifications to deal with it.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt
15 Posts
No sharp and dangerous corners.
Two topics going here. First, the rounded corners have been used before to make a corporation look less aggressive, more friendly - it happened where I had my working career - consultants did this when asked to design a new logo. Second - On GM as a choice -- At start of my career I bought a Volvo, found a good independent Volvo mechanic, each new Volvo lasted at least 12 years, still a fan. My father had owned several Chevys, so my Chevy Bolt purchase was not a stretch. Still a Bolt fan.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
i find it a hoot that we pretend to have separation of church and state in the US. What the heck is a preacher doing in the Congress anyway? That is rhetorical, I know about the 1950's red scare. I was there.
Separation of church and state is different from separation from church and state. We have the former, which is meant to give authority to the state while allowing freedom of religious expression. The latter implies religious expression is not permissible, which is impossible. We're evolved as religious creatures to varying degrees, so avoiding expression thereof is impossible at the macro level.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt
80 Posts
Inclusive language is the latest trend even when speaking to the Creator of the universe such as Rep. Emanuel Cleaver closing Congress’ opening prayer with ‘amen and awoman’!
Rev Cleaver proves himself to be a linguistic idiot. "Amen" has nothing to do with "men". What's next, womentos mints, womemory (although I've know memorable women), and and womention?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Oh, it's supposed to look like an electrical plug or receptacle.
DON’T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS!!!!

Or you will have to purchase a gm emsv to plug into a gm shaped port.

This is a dumb move. The new look looks like a kid brand.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
( the Bolt )...is still the cheapest, sensible EV Americans can buy in all 50 states. I don't expect to see another reasonably sized, reasonable range, reasonably priced EV for five years, at least.
How about the refreshed Bolt this year? Hyundai and VW look to both have compelling reasonably priced vehicles coming, priced with tax incentives...

·
Registered
6,967 Posts
How about the refreshed Bolt this year? Hyundai and VW look to both have compelling reasonably priced vehicles coming, priced with tax incentives...
Are you talking about the Bolt, or the EUV? As long as it is the same size, fine. I don't like the styling changes I have seen so far, but mostly I am on the inside. Haven't seen any Hyundai EVs around here. The ID4 will be a Model Y sized car. It is just the two of us. If COVID ever ends, I will probably tear out the rear seats, and put in a plywood floor..

·
Registered
703 Posts
Rev Cleaver proves himself to be a linguistic idiot. "Amen" has nothing to do with "men". What's next, womentos mints, womemory (although I've know memorable women), and and womention?
It was a pun, not a linguistics lesson. The fact that so many people got bent out of shape about it does say a lot though.

Also, this thread needs to go somewhere else. Clearly it's not about the Bolt or even GM any more.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Are you talking about the Bolt, or the EUV? As long as it is the same size, fine. I don't like the styling changes I have seen so far, but mostly I am on the inside. Haven't seen any Hyundai EVs around here. The ID4 will be a Model Y sized car. It is just the two of us. If COVID ever ends, I will probably tear out the rear seats, and put in a plywood floor..
I agree the ID4 is too big and prefer the size of the ID3. Too bad it's not available because I would be interested.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts