·
Registered
466 Posts
Pick you favorite bowtie.

Reactions: gonnabolt

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think the ID 3 is the best looking EV I have seen yet.
Agree. VW seems to have a lot more hits than misses with exterior and interior styling. But they really do like to make everything more complicated and expensive than they need to be. But, no ID.3 for you, U.S.

I imagine the uproar would be tremendous if VW changed their logo.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Every time a major company changes its logo the critics come out of the woodwork. Pro or con everyone has an opinion.
The design thoughts as presented by the company are nearly irrelevant and often border on CYA for the client.
Fact is ten years from now no one will remember this "controversy".

·
Registered
54 Posts
Agree. VW seems to have a lot more hits than misses with exterior and interior styling. But they really do like to make everything more complicated and expensive than they need to be. But, no ID.3 for you, U.S.

I imagine the uproar would be tremendous if VW changed their logo.
They actually did this last year.

·
Registered
490 Posts
They actually did this last year.
Slightly. That's more like changing the font from Arial (VW) to Verdana (VW). Now if they went back to the 1938 version.... :eek:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Every time a major company changes its logo the critics come out of the woodwork. Pro or con everyone has an opinion.
The design thoughts as presented by the company are nearly irrelevant and often border on CYA for the client.
Fact is ten years from now no one will remember this "controversy".
Remember the Tropicana fiasco?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'd say the old logo looks like it was made when you could only choose between Pica and Elite. And it looks industrial, like a logo on the blue coveralls of a mechanic.

I see the new logo as colorful and not blocky. My first thought was: they want to improve their sales numbers with women. Which is interesting considering their focus on trucks and going AWOL on minivans.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
It was a pun, not a linguistics lesson. The fact that so many people got bent out of shape about it does say a lot though.

Also, this thread needs to go somewhere else. Clearly it's not about the Bolt or even GM any more.
Sure it is, I stated that the logo is like Apple, which is childish and immature. Clearly not something meant to last as long as the previous logo. It bends to the fad of the moment, which is to stand for nothing and attempt to offend nobody; a weak, pathetic stance.

That androgynous logo can go pleasure itself fruitlessly, and disappear quickly.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
going AWOL on minivans
minivans have gone out of favor. we gave our old minivan to a family in need when their SUV died. they thought they would never have a minivan because I guess this millennial generation has deemed them uncool or something. the young lady with her two kids and helping out with our grand kids couldn't believe how much better the minivan was when it came to loading up kids. we're apparently living in a time where optics are more important than function. kind of like why each generation has a certain way they wear their socks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
minivans have gone out of favor. we gave our old minivan to a family in need when their SUV died. they thought they would never have a minivan because I guess this millennial generation has deemed them uncool or something. the young lady with her two kids and helping out with our grand kids couldn't believe how much better the minivan was when it came to loading up kids. we're apparently living in a time where optics are more important than function. kind of like why each generation has a certain way they wear their socks.
I've been driving Minivans for nearly 30 years (I'm a Field Service Engineer who carries lots of tools and parts) and nothing is more versatile and travels long distance better than Minivans. But as you say, SUVs are "Cool" and no one wants to be driving something people call a "Mom-*omb" or a "Soccer-Wagon".

Craig

·
Registered
389 Posts
I saw a sketch of made-for-rideshare EV in China that has a mini van style sliding door on the passenger side. As an Uber driver, I can say that would be awesome.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I’m originally from New England and grew up watching all the Boston major sports teams. The Patriots are on top of the NFL world today, but when I was a kid they were perennial losers, and even during seasons when they had good personnel, they never got the calls and lost a few big games that might’ve changed their fortune going forward. On top of all this, their uniforms were a joke with a terrible-looking cartoon character as a logo on their helmets!

But in 1993, they hired a legitimate head coach in Bill Parcells, and with the #1 overall pick in that year’s NFL Draft, they selected a legitimate “franchise quarterback” in Drew Bledsoe. They also finally had a legitimate owner in Robert Kraft, a local businessman and lifelong Patriots fan!

You could feel the tide starting to turn for the franchise, so they redesigned their uniforms, getting rid of the boring cartoon character in favor of the “flying Elvis” logo! They changed the coloring from their clownish red and whites to more professional looking blues and silvers with white! For once, they looked and felt like they belonged in the NFL.

The point here is: They knew something special was gonna happen, and changing the logo and uniforms was done in preparation for that.

Maybe GM is feeling the same way right now with their commitment to EVs going forward, and they just feel now’s the time to break free from the old look and start anew!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I’m originally from New England and grew up watching all the Boston major sports teams. The Patriots are on top of the NFL world today, but when I was a kid they were perennial losers, and even during seasons when they had good personnel, they never got the calls and lost a few big games that might’ve changed their fortune going forward. On top of all this, their uniforms were a joke with a terrible-looking cartoon character as a logo on their helmets!

But in 1993, they hired a legitimate head coach in Bill Parcells, and with the #1 overall pick in that year’s NFL Draft, they selected a legitimate “franchise quarterback” in Drew Bledsoe. They also finally had a legitimate owner in Robert Kraft, a local businessman and lifelong Patriots fan!

You could feel the tide starting to turn for the franchise, so they redesigned their uniforms, getting rid of the boring cartoon character in favor of the “flying Elvis” logo! They changed the coloring from their clownish red and whites to more professional looking blues and silvers with white! For once, they looked and felt like they belonged in the NFL.

The point here is: They knew something special was gonna happen, and changing the logo and uniforms was done in preparation for that.

Maybe GM is feeling the same way right now with their commitment to EVs going forward, and they just feel now’s the time to break free from the old look and start anew!
This logo is not that story. It's a bad story.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts