Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
A radical redesign without regard to the original design is a fail. In this case the design is scarcely radical.
It's a pretty radical change. They'll redesign it again soon, it will be more like the previous one.

·
Registered
380 Posts
How many people here are former GM people who are “hurt” by this logo change for sentimental reasons?

I mean ... it’s such a minor change!

·
Registered
6,967 Posts
How many people here are former GM people who are “hurt” by this logo change for sentimental reasons?

I mean ... it’s such a minor change!
GM has a lot more important things to worry about than their logo. Sadly, although cars are tools, they are marketed, and purchased as status symbols.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I don't think anyone is being "hurt" by it. People have opinions. That's all.

I certainly don't have any sentimental reasons. I'm not even sure I could have correctly identified the GM logo before this post, having never owned or considered owning a GM vehicle until a few months ago.

But I understand your point, that some people don't like change and want to stick with tradition. But I think most are okay with change if it's actually better, not worse (in their opinion).

·
Registered
2019 Chevy bolt ev premier
19 Posts
This is HUGE! First time in 50 years the logo has changed. Watch the video that's linked in the article...very cool
I don’t think there’s much of a panic moment I can describe. GM and a few other companies outside of Tesla and specially because of Tesla, or having to finally catch up to what Tesla started. They didn’t think it would happen do you think you could be done. My birthday is on Friday I always had a blizzard in Nebraska on my birthday. We’ve barely had even a foot of snow fall sinceWinter could happen. I guess that means global warming is no longer a joke.

·
Registered
88 Posts
who cares? does that make your car or any car run better. they changed their logo! BIG DEAL. SO WHAT? what are they doing about the battery, isn't that more important than their dumb logo?

·
Registered
19 Posts
who cares? does that make your car or any car run better. they changed their logo! BIG DEAL. SO WHAT? what are they doing about the battery, isn't that more important than their dumb logo?
My Bolt runs on nothing but logo since I converted it last year, so it's very important to me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
No doubt the new logo has something to do with their long range switch to e-vehicles. I guess they just wanted a new look to go with the new direction.

E-cars and e-trucks are going to be a much bigger part of the transportation industry sooner than you think.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts