Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a survey from GM about my Chevy Bolt. The second question asked for my age (83 years). As soon as I clicked it, I got a pop up stating that I am ineligible to take the survey. Below is the introduction to the survey stating that GM would like to hear from ALL customers.
I was insulted at being rejected because of my age. It certainly did not discourage GM's sales people. All attempts to contact someone at GM have been unsuccessful.

Please allow to me to introduce myself. My name is John Stadwick and I am responsible for helping to design exceptional customer experiences among all GM customers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was insulted at being rejected because of my age. It certainly did not discourage GM's sales people. All attempts to contact someone at GM have been unsuccessful.
Norman...

Your being upset is very understandable. A more customer friendly (and less transparent) methodology would be to collect feedback from all owners, regardless of age, and then allow the corporate users to filter the data set by age when looking to target or analyze a specific age group.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Well that's just stupid. What does age have to do with money? Sure, there are generalizations and trends, but to outright ban 83+ from your user group? That's just stupid AND rude. Did the survey company have to be so rude? So what if they don't want to survey 83+ year olds. Tell their lackey number cruncher (read: durrr, I know Excel exists!) to just filter out respondents you don't want (read: durrr, Excel also has a data filter function!).

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

"Then when they turn around stab 'em in the back."

·
Registered
836 Posts
Must have been written by a millennial.
I'd write the letter to GM. Who knows? You might get offered some compensation like a free oil change.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just received a survey from GM about my Chevy Bolt. The second question asked for my age (83 years). As soon as I clicked it, I got a pop up stating that I am ineligible to take the survey. Below is the introduction to the survey stating that GM would like to hear from ALL customers.

Please allow to me to introduce myself. My name is John Stadwick and I am responsible for helping to design exceptional customer experiences among all GM customers.
That is not cool. I only hope to make it near 83, and be so "with it" that buying something like the Bolt was in my plan. Awesome !!.

Like other posters have said - filter it later at worst if you have to.... IMO GM should ship you the coolest leather jacket (of your style and fit choice) at no charge, or a couple hundred in ChargePoint / EVgo / FLO whatever credits for a road trip. There are tons of things they could do. Think of the positive press then (with your permission of course). :)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Influence on offspring

This rejection of the opinions of the older generation, is an interesting insight into the brains behind the marketing of cars. I have had a couple of instances of this type of thing in recent times, as I approach three score years and ten. I believe one of those instances was indeed GM, but its not something that I care much about, although I do remember grinding my teeth a bit when the survey suddenly ended. I think these people don't understand that our purchases influence the purchases of our offspring and their children; we are a sort of test bed for a new car that has influence on the younger generation. Luckily, GM is a big company, and there are always bound to be more than a few silly people in a company of that size.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I just received a survey from GM about my Chevy Bolt. The second question asked for my age (83 years). As soon as I clicked it, I got a pop up stating that I am ineligible to take the survey.
Well, the good news is that, at 83 years of age, you're still around to be outraged! I can only hope I make it long enough to be just as outraged. Still a couple of decades to go...

Meanwhile, the senior's discounts that were originally offered to 55+ have receded to 60+, and now 65+. I never seem to quite catch up to them... :(

·
Registered
786 Posts
Must have been written by a millennial.
I'd write the letter to GM. Who knows? You might get offered some compensation like a free oil change.
I agree. I worked with computers and have been programming since 1972 (on a transistorized IBM computer wit only 16 kB of RAM and a 5 MB disk), so I know that the "click" survey works according to the programming. Somehow the programmer limited the maximum age and didn't believe that anyone over 80 can still buy and drive cars (My Dad drove until he was 88).

And I chuckle every time I enter information when there is a pull-down page to select the year, and then I see that the years begin with 1900 and end with 2018!! So anyone between a newborn and over 110 can enter information in a computer?:laugh:

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,521 Posts
Well, the good news is that, at 83 years of age, you're still around to be outraged! I can only hope I make it long enough to be just as outraged. Still a couple of decades to go...

Meanwhile, the senior's discounts that were originally offered to 55+ have receded to 60+, and now 65+. I never seem to quite catch up to them... :(
Yup. My definition of "old" seems to be doing the same thing!:D

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I respond to quite a few surveys. ONCE A SURVEY GETS ENOUGH ANSWERS from a particular sample group, they don't want any more. They base it on all kinds of criteria. I much prefer getting kicked out in the beginning after only filling in age, gender, race, and state than I do after answering most of the questions THEN being told "oh, we've already gotten enough answers from your group".

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
This rejection of the opinions of the older generation, is an interesting insight into the brains behind the marketing of cars. I have had a couple of instances of this type of thing in recent times, as I approach three score years and ten. I believe one of those instances was indeed GM, but its not something that I care much about, although I do remember grinding my teeth a bit when the survey suddenly ended. I think these people don't understand that our purchases influence the purchases of our offspring and their children; we are a sort of test bed for a new car that has influence on the younger generation. Luckily, GM is a big company, and there are always bound to be more than a few silly people in a company of that size.
+1. I don't know about everyone else, but growing up in high school a typical gripe when a nice car drove by with a salty haired or silver fox driver in it was: "Not fair, why do I get stuck with a used brand AAA model BBB when that [derogatory slur for older people] gets to drive brand XXX model YYY."

Later on, quite a few classmates dropped part of their college tuition on the same brand XXX and model YYY despite the latest flavor of the week.

Reactions: Torontonian69

·
Registered
562 Posts
How can I put this delicately? They are wondering about future car purchases. They don't care about the car that us old folks bought, because we will be dead by the time new designs come out.. Yeah, it sucks.
Actually, we will all be alive, and really alive, and able to travel anywhere, and in a blinking of an eye, with no need for a rusting car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.