1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
77 Posts

... so California will not buy our gas cars, so I guess we have to make EVs.
Good article. I found it interesting that Barra still wants government "incentives". This explains why GM EVs "don't make a profit." If they did, why would the government offer incentives?

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
170 Posts
Good article. I found it interesting that Barra still wants government "incentives". This explains why GM EVs "don't make a profit." If they did, why would the government offer incentives?
Wonder how much this would really help. I guess some, but Tesla ran out and it didn’t seem to hurt them.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Frankly, I don't put much stock in anything that Electrek publishes. If I want Tesla-specific information, maybe, but even that is likely to be a fluff piece. Since Electrek is primarily a news aggregator rather than investigating and producing their own content, it's usually best to look up the original interview or story, sans spin.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
In regards to Mary's point, though, they see California (and the coasts in general) as a conquest market. GM lost market share in those regions years ago, not because of EVs but rather because of Honda and Toyota. With EVs coming into prominence, GM now sees an opportunity to retake that market, especially because Honda and Toyota have been lagging so far behind in EV technology. In fact, it's to the point now that Honda will be licensing GM's EV tech (a win-win-win for GM, Honda, and EV consumers). That's pretty much end of story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts