Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Reuters:
DETROIT (Reuters) - General Motors Co (GM.N) is seeking U.S. government approval for a fully autonomous car - one without a steering wheel, brake pedal or accelerator pedal - to enter the automaker’s first commercial ride-sharing fleet in 2019, executives said.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Chevy Cruise AV, not to be confused with the Chevy Cruze LT. Is this going to be the Bolt/Volt thing again?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I also note that some articles on this (NYTimes today) never say that the AV is electric. The only clue in the article was that it was to me made where the Bolt was made.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also note that some articles on this (NYTimes today) never say that the AV is electric. The only clue in the article was that it was to me made where the Bolt was made.
The Reuters article I linked at the top of this thread specifically states that the Cruise AV is based on the Bolt. It seems pretty obvious to me that it will be the production version of the sensor-equipped Bolts that GM produced on the regular Bolt assembly line last year.

·
Registered
979 Posts
There’s another clue in the NY Times article: “The Cruise AV is a version of the battery-powered Chevrolet Bolt”.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
There’s another clue in the NY Times article: “The Cruise AV is a version of the battery-powered Chevrolet Bolt”.
Reading is fundamental.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts