1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think they made the Volt/Bolt error... I have seen stories showing that they are using Bolts and the picture used in the article shows a Bolt!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Doesn't help that this article has a Bolt as its main picture when all they mention here is the Volt, meanwhile a few other articles have different shots of the Bolt EV and the same guy walking up to it.

Another one...

And this...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually read more into it and for example, if you were to rent a Tahoe for a month, it's almost equivalent to utilizing Cadillacs booking thing where you pay $1500 a month and get to switch between vehicles and what not.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I only see the Bolt listed on their Maven site. Maybe the Bolt will come later?

I actually read more into it and for example, if you were to rent a Tahoe for a month, it's almost equivalent to utilizing Cadillacs booking thing where you pay $1500 a month and get to switch between vehicles and what not.
I'll take your word on the Tahoe pricing, if that's the case then you may as well pay for the Cadillac one each month and get more luxury alongside better service per month. Maven sounds like an OK idea if you're renting by the hour.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the hour would probably be the best bet. But considering a sedan, on their website at least, says it starts from $8.00 an hour, are there other ride sharing systems that are cheaper...?

·
Registered
735 Posts
By the hour would probably be the best bet. But considering a sedan, on their website at least, says it starts from $8.00 an hour, are there other ride sharing systems that are cheaper...?
In New York Car2Go charges $15 an hour, but that's a big city with people that have money, so rates are going to change based on a lot of factors. It all comes down to where you live, what you want to drive, etc.

What car sharing options are available where you live?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far I'm aware of AutoShare, Car2Go, and Zipcar. I think Turo is available too actually. I haven't really looked into it that much to be honest but it is something that I think may be appealing on the odd occasion.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
That's a typo, right?

If you are willing to pay $1500/mo, *I* will buy you a car to drive for a year. You will only have to pay me $18,000 for the year. Great deal, no?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a typo, right?

If you are willing to pay $1500/mo, *I* will buy you a car to drive for a year. You will only have to pay me $18,000 for the year. Great deal, no?
Lol definitely not a typo. That's the price as it was advertised but wait, there's more! It includes insurance!

Seriously though, it's a heck of a lot of money, and the car you could buy for that kind of dollar is pretty intense. I probably wouldn't buy a Cadillac lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts