Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No really sure what this event is but for this event, GM brought around a dozen Bolts for people to take short rides in. I found a video of someone taking it for a spin. Was anyone there last week?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Woodward Dream Cruise is probably the largest car cruise anywhere; not only thousands of cars displayed for miles along Woodward Avenue in suburban Detroit but also jammed packed with anything you can imagine driving up and down the avenue, non-stop all day Saturday.

I was there all day Saturday but did not see any BOLT EV test drives taking place; GM had two different displays and the one at the north end of Woodward, there was one BOLT EV on display but doors were locked solid and they weren't showing you the keyfob. This particular car didn't appear to have any VIN tag where you normally find them on top of dash. Young lady was there to answer questions and I recognized her when I was at the Detroit Auto Show back in January.

I think that the only thing I got her to admit was that Chevy is currently preparing for the grand introduction in October and she hinted that cars were being built for that purpose as we speak.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If they're building Bolts specifically for the October grand introduction, I can only assume that the test driven ones people have been reviewing are missing a few tweaks. Guess the display at the southern end of Woodward was the one where GM was giving out test drives.

I'm sure more promotions from them will be coming in the fall when it's going to be introduced.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nope, didn't see any Bolts being test driven down at the south display either.

Doubt very much that test drives were being held on the main strip as the traffic was too congested and not most ideal place for quiet test drives. Seems it might have been RSVP type of special test drives elsewhere.

·
Registered
263 Posts
OP may have answered a part of the Bolt EV heating question we've been having.

The Bolt EV will have a very powerful heater. Significantly more powerful than the Gen II Volt. Though they wouldn't tell me how powerful. However the amount of coolant in the heating system is much less (compared to the Gen II Volt). This leads to faster warm up times and also a lot of attention was payed to the heat exchangers to get heat into the cabin efficiently. They claimed they were pushing coolant into passageways so small that it pushes the limits of the coolant they are using.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts