Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:I leased my Bolt July 4, 2017. I did a one pay lease, so, I'm paid up for the length of the lease, minus property tax. I just received a bill for $1077.34 from GMC with no explanation. I assumed it was property tax, but unusually high. GMC confirmed it was property tax, but after contacting Chesterfield County, VA, they stated tax bills for 2018 haven't been sent out. I've had leased vehicles in the past, and the tax bills run $300-$400. Has anyone else received a GMC bill other than your monthly payment? Anyone in Virginia care to share their personal property tax bill on a Bolt?

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
937 Posts
:eek:I leased my Bolt July 4, 2017. I did a one pay lease, so, I'm paid up for the length of the lease, minus property tax. I just received a bill for $1077.34 from GMC with no explanation. I assumed it was property tax, but unusually high. GMC confirmed it was property tax, but after contacting Chesterfield County, VA, they stated tax bills for 2018 haven't been sent out. I've had leased vehicles in the past, and the tax bills run $300-$400. Has anyone else received a GMC bill other than your monthly payment? Anyone in Virginia care to share their personal property tax bill on a Bolt?
My property tax was not that high for last year, I had my Bolt from end of February through the rest of the year so I did pay the prorated amount for the not full year. My tax was around $900 so for a full year I would expect mine to be around what you posted. However that is on my Bolt which is the Premier with all the extras. I don't know what trim level you have on your Bolt, if it is a LT without the frills the tax bill shouldn't be that high.

Also if you only had yours for half the year it should certainly not be that high. Is GM trying to collect ahead of time for 2018 perhaps?

I also don't know if there are any difference in counties since the tax technically goes to the county, I am in Prince William county.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:)Thanks for the reply. My wife has contacted Chesterfield County, VA tax department and GMC who sent us the bill. The county isn't showing anything due, and GMC can't provide us a break down of what's owed. We're on hold until they figure it out.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
In Chesterfield county, we have only received the tax information for 2018, not the actual bill. Sounds like GMC thinks that information letter is the actual bill. The amount seems correct for a Premier level when compared to the tax bill for our LTs. Not sure why you are being taxed on a vehicle you don't actually own since you are leasing. Isn't it technically GM's vehicle?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.