Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I've been looking around at chargers since I realized my old SPX charger might not be up to snuff for my charging needs, come winter, being only 16amps. I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with Flo charge stations? It is Canadian maker that have associated themselves with Nissan it seems. The numbers all look good If the unit looks good and sturdy but I can't find any independent reviews.

https://flo.ca/at-home

It's a toss up between a Clipper Creek or a Flo G5 as my next station and I'd love to hear some views. Prices aside that is.(pricing in Canada is not really comparable with US pricing)

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
271 Posts
Holy expensive batman! 1300 Canadian pesos for the connected model? You can have a JuiceBox 40 Pro that's higher capacity for $850 CDN...

Sorry, not exactly answering the question you asked, I was just surprised by the price.

·
Registered
181 Posts
$600 CAD for a GE Durastation from Costco online. 30A. It is very basic though.
Check Home Depot; their site shows it for $399 US.

My Home Depot in Fremont, CA, had two of these in stock a year ago. I walked in, pulled one off the shelf, took it home, attached it too the wall, and plugged it in. It took about an hour total. It has been working fine for my 2011 Leaf and 2017 Bolt since then.

It has one Led. One flash every ten seconds means it is powered up. One flash per second means it is connected to a car but not supplying current. On solid means the car is charging. Since I'm generally asleep when the car is charging, this is more information than I need.

Ed

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had a look at the Flo G5 but settled on the ChargePoint Home charger. I wanted the station to be connected to WiFi which the ChargePoint charger is. The G5 is not. If you go over to www.autochargers.ca , I see the ChargePoint Home stations are $100 off now. The ChargePoint Home charger is eligible for the rebate here in Ontario as is the G5.

EDIT - oh, and one last thing, G5 is 7.2kW and the ChargePoint is 7.7kW.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
271 Posts
I had a look at the Flo G5 but settled on the ChargePoint Home charger. I wanted the station to be connected to WiFi which the ChargePoint charger is. The G5 is not. If you go over to www.autochargers.ca , I see the ChargePoint Home stations are $100 off now. The ChargePoint Home charger is eligible for the rebate here in Ontario as is the G5.

Lucky ON, getting rebates on chargers IN ADDITION to the massive EV purchase rebate!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah yes, I hadn't noticed that!

WiFi is not a big draw for me though maybe I should think of it as future proofing.

Reactions: Spitfire

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy expensive batman! 1300 Canadian pesos for the connected model? You can have a JuiceBox 40 Pro that's higher capacity for $850 CDN...

Sorry, not exactly answering the question you asked, I was just surprised by the price.
Yeah I think we're Flo becomes attractive is apparently Nissan gives a $500 rebate on the cost of a Flo charger if you buy it off of them when you buy a Leaf. It is steep otherwise.

The GE at Costco must be a regional deal. It wasn't that cheap when I checked their website for my region.

The $100 off the chargepoint right now, that also comes with WiFi, was enough to make me want to grab it. So I did. It's a clean compact design with great specs. I think it will be a great replacement for my venerable SPX.

Thanks for all the input folks!!

Reactions: Spitfire
1 - 11 of 11 Posts