Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Sweet ! That has a really nice flare to it. I can imagine having to try to keep the wheels clean more regularly as you won't really see dirt too much on the gold !

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's actually nicer than I imagines, thought it would look similar to the paint on Chevy's page which makes it look like a shiny orange.

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
Orange is my favorite color. For years I have wanted an orange car. I loved the orange Chevy showed the concepts in. When I saw that Burst Orange was an option, I was thrilled!!

However, the reality I too saw at the LA auto show. What a disappointment!! That's not orange. It's really more of a yellow. Pale amber at best. Oh well... denied again. There is still a chance I might pick this color, I'll have to go look at it in the sun, but the red and blue have moved way up.

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
I always use google images to see the color in lots of conditions. Sunburst orange definitely looks different depending on lighting.
It's not any of those colors. It's not Sunburst Orange, just Orange Burst. It's a pretty new color and found on the Chevy Cruz and Sonic only I think.

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
This pre-production version is much more in line with the overall pictures of orange burst

But it's not. I would be thrilled with that color! Wait until you see it in person. If you want to know what color it really is, the best I can think of is, pour out a pint of really pale ale, like Sierra Nevada into a glass. It's kinda like that color. It does not look like orange Gatorade! ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Sigh, if only it was really a golden Bolt in real life. I haven't seen it in real life but looking through all of those google images, it definitely has dropped off my list as a color option.

If you really want one though, wrapping it is always an option

·
Registered
734 Posts
Got to love that orange. The first time I saw it, thoughts of matte orange burst appeared in my mind. Still till this day I think someone (or myself) should do it. Even if its just part of the car in matte.

Here's another color from BMW getting some matte film treatment:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ohhhh, that's nice and Xpel will protect your paint too. But wrapping the whole Bolt in protective film is definitely going to cost a lot due to the needed labor and amount of film needed. But matte orange...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I must admit this has to be my favorite! the colour is very cool and becoming more and more popular with Ford using it on their Ranger and other companies following.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts