Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Where is the writer getting $26,000 as a price for a 2020???

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Including federal tax credit, but excluding my GM card dollars, I paid $25,700 for my 2020 LT.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm pretty sure you could get $8500 off MSRP nation-wide in January. I heard but have not confirmed that has been reduced but Bolts are still going for $6500 off MSRP now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The $8,500 Customer Cash off is effective through March 2. And the $1,875 federal tax credit expires at the end of March. My local dealer took an additional $4,500 off MSRP that I didn’t even had to haggle over. That made the sale easy and sensible.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My local dealer took an additional $4,500 off MSRP that I didn’t even had to haggle over. That made the sale easy and sensible.
That is a big discount in addition to $8500. Here in SoCal, the most I see is around $1500 dealer discount.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm looking at $33,900 for Premier and $30,066 for LT, both with the pretty much equivalent equipment - Comfort and Convenience (std on Premier), Driver Confidence (std on Premier), Driver Confidence II, and DC fast charging. Premier forces you into the Bose stereo to get Confidence II. I would then get the $1875 tax credit, $2000 from the state of CA, and $1000 from the electric company. So, a net of a bit more that $25k for the LT, without all the tax, tag and fees, which would add up to all those credits. Overall, not a bad deal.
Trying to decide if I want to go for one, or wait a year until the Standard Range Model Y is available. And - hoping the federal tax credit gets extended next year. That would be great news for GM and Tesla. I can't take advantage of a full $7500, but about $5000 worth, which would be helpful.

·
Registered
558 Posts
It’s true, you can get it for under $26,000. There are great sales offers right now.
Well at least through 2/3-last Monday. My out the door price was $27400 and had both Driver Confidence Packages and Comfort & Convenience Pkg. And the windows were tinted. Since I'm retired,I won't get very much if any of the tax rebate. The naysayers here should not post if they aren't familiar with what's on offer or if rebates are still in effect.
My MSRP was $39790 + destination charge.

Reactions: CGauer

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm looking at $33,900 for Premier and $30,066 for LT, both with the pretty much equivalent equipment - Comfort and Convenience (std on Premier), Driver Confidence (std on Premier), Driver Confidence II, and DC fast charging. Premier forces you into the Bose stereo to get Confidence II. I would then get the $1875 tax credit, $2000 from the state of CA, and $1000 from the electric company. So, a net of a bit more that $25k for the LT, without all the tax, tag and fees, which would add up to all those credits. Overall, not a bad deal.
Trying to decide if I want to go for one, or wait a year until the Standard Range Model Y is available. And - hoping the federal tax credit gets extended next year. That would be great news for GM and Tesla. I can't take advantage of a full $7500, but about $5000 worth, which would be helpful.
It's too bad you couldn't pull the trigger before 2/3. My state offers no incentives. Only a few municipalities and utilities offer any assistance.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The $8,500 Customer Cash off is effective through March 2. And the $1,875 federal tax credit expires at the end of March. My local dealer took an additional $4,500 off MSRP that I didn’t even had to haggle over. That made the sale easy and sensible.
So it was extended for another month? That's great news for folks on the fence.
EDIT: just found it
Extended! For a limited time, get up to $10,000 off a 2019/2020 Chevy Bolt!
Get $8,500 Customer Cash off MSRP from Chevy when you take retail delivery by 03-02-2020, plus up to $1,875 Federal Tax Credit. Contact a dealer near you for more details.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Well at least through 2/3-last Monday. My out the door price was $27400 and had both Driver Confidence Packages and Comfort & Convenience Pkg. And the windows were tinted. Since I'm retired,I won't get very much if any of the tax rebate. The naysayers here should not post if they aren't familiar with what's on offer or if rebates are still in effect.
My MSRP was $39790 + destination charge.

If you have a 401K you can take a large dispersal and roll the money into some other investments, thus raising your taxable income and taking advantage of the income tax incentive... just a thought. Just work the math correctly so you don't end up paying more income tax than the currently available incentive :)

Keith

·
Registered
36 Posts
Where is the writer getting $26,000 as a price for a 2020???
We got the a 2020 Premiere a couple weeks ago... they show a sticker of 42,000ish, then by the time we got 11k off from Chevy and another 2k from whoever I was at 29,000. It was 7k cheaper than the Leaf Plus SV.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts