Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
We got the a 2020 Premiere a couple weeks ago... they show a sticker of 42,000ish, then by the time we got 11k off from Chevy and another 2k from whoever I was at 29,000. It was 7k cheaper than the Leaf Plus SV.
How did u end up at $29,000? On their website it show around $33k after rebates.
Can u show what rebates or incentives did you get? Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
How did u end up at $29,000? On their website it show around $33k after rebates.
Can u show what rebates or incentives did you get? Thanks!
Yep, they beat their website. And it was a 2020 delivered the day before. The Leaf was 2019 and 7,000 more. It was a 5-10 minute conversation. Then we went to Nissan and haggled for two hours. Don’t ever pay MSRP. We slept on it and she picked the Bolt. We got 11k from GM and another 2k not sure where. With a 13,500 down payment and trade in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A short review for the 2020
We leased ours with the huge discount GM is offering. Essentially I expect to pay for the lease with the money i used to spend on gas. Anyway, at times, I am sorry I didn't buy it.
What I don't like:
  • the car skids easy. I was surprised (panicked) to see the car not stopping while emergency braking from 70 MPH. It just continued forward like a sled. i noticed the tires squeal in slow turns also. I saw the issue being brought up in an Edmunds review.
  • Seats. Yes the seats. I am sitting on my thighs. But everyone else in the family is ok. I place a folded towel on the seat to fill in the middle.
  • radio - sometimes the radio starts by itself at car startup. Sometimes the sound only stays on for a second or two, sometimes the music continues until turned off.
  • Horn chips. This one is so annoying... I arrive at home 11:30 at night. I come out of the car, the door closes and car uses the horn to tell me I forgot the key in... Sometimes it chips for a reason I cannot identify. I am really thinking of finding the connector and disconnecting the horn.
  • The wifi connection is only for updating the infotainment unit.
  • The My Chevrolet App is slow and won't get updates from the vehicle unless refreshed. The app does not always work (mostly does not) via Apple Car Play. It just spins.
  • There is a Find charger function, but it's pretty useless. No navigate to charger option. No trip planning charger to charger.
Save for the tires concern, which can be a safety issue, the rest are minor.
We love this car. I had my Tesla M3 friend drive it and they were surprised how easy it was to just drive, without getting a PhD in Tesla interface. They called it intuitive. They also liked the seat up position. The M3 is very low, indeed.
I thoroughly enjoy the one pedal driving.
No rattles, nothing. Very well put together.
I would buy again and again. I am actually thinking of buying a second one. I'd like to add a tow hitch for bike carrying.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can program the horn not to do that. There are speakers in the rear doors. On the small side but you should have them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, i stand corrected on the rear speakers. They are in the doors. I took a trip in the back seat and I couldn't hear the sound there....
OK. On the horn, I found the place in the settings where I could turn it off (and I did) but I think it's not fot the key left in the car. it's still doing it. i think it is doing it even for the charge port open, in some situations.

Thank you!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for that great article. I pretty much agree with the author's findings. I have a '19 Bolt which I bought in July. Perfect except for having to replace a tie rod which caused a squeaky steering wheel in cold weather. It took three tries with the dealer before they finally diagnosed and fixed the problem, with help from GM Tech Services. They did try hard, and I had shuttle service to and from my door every time.
I do find the ride can be a bit harsh over bumps. But probably not much different than a sports car. The pickup is equivalent to my old Porsches and BMWs ( I always bought them used). Very helpful getting on the highway and part of the fun factor driving the Bolt. And it's completely quiet!
I do wish the top half of the windshield wasn't so dark at night with normal headlights. I asked about that at the dealers, but they haven't been able to do anything. It's not dark at hi beams.
As for kwh consumption, agree the summer is about 300 miles range, winter in the 230-260 range, depending on temperature. Mild winter so far in SE PA.
If you drive 4-5K miles per yr like I do, simple level 1 charging in your garage overnight works fine, as long as you don't take 300 mile trips.
With electric engines, you can keep the car parked in your garage for a week or more, and it starts right up and is ready to go. My battery mower is like that, too. I didn't use it for a year, and it started right up like it was used yesterday. Not so with gas engines.
GM has a winner. Impressive from an ex Prius owner for 11 years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My wife leases a 2017 Bolt Premier and has enjoyed it thoroughly. It's due back soon, and we've been trying to decide whether to purchase a 2020 Bolt or make the jump to the Tesla Model 3. I love lots of things about the Tesla, but I don't think my wife would really care all that much about the added features. In general, a hatchback works better for us, and I know my wife likes a high seating position.

Shopping around my area (Nebraska), I've found several 2020 Premiers available, and I've been able to negotiate a price of $30,800 out-the-door (not including sales taxes or licensing fees) on one ($13,500 off MSRP). This seems pretty good to me. I've told the dealer I'm willing to write a check for $30k today for this car, and am waiting a response now. Does this seem like a good price today?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes, i stand corrected on the rear speakers. They are in the doors. I took a trip in the back seat and I couldn't hear the sound there....
OK. On the horn, I found the place in the settings where I could turn it off (and I did) but I think it's not fot the key left in the car. it's still doing it. i think it is doing it even for the charge port open, in some situations.

Thank you!
The settings area is a bit of a maze sometimes. Just go one by one until you find everything and you should be able to get rid of the horn beeps (i only have mine set to go off when i leave the key in the car; but never otherwise does it beep, so i figured out how to turn them all off).
As for the radio, i have learned to just put the volume to 0 before shutting off the car. If not, it will always start with it on; every **** time. I mean, it still starts with it on, but 0 volume means i dont realize it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm pretty sure you could get $8500 off MSRP nation-wide in January. I heard but have not confirmed that has been reduced but Bolts are still going for $6500 off MSRP now.
I got 11K off and another 2K for something else... it was a 2020 Bolt Premier.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My wife leases a 2017 Bolt Premier and has enjoyed it thoroughly. It's due back soon, and we've been trying to decide whether to purchase a 2020 Bolt or make the jump to the Tesla Model 3. I love lots of things about the Tesla, but I don't think my wife would really care all that much about the added features. In general, a hatchback works better for us, and I know my wife likes a high seating position.

Shopping around my area (Nebraska), I've found several 2020 Premiers available, and I've been able to negotiate a price of $30,800 out-the-door (not including sales taxes or licensing fees) on one ($13,500 off MSRP). This seems pretty good to me. I've told the dealer I'm willing to write a check for $30k today for this car, and am waiting a response now. Does this seem like a good price today?
I like the Tesla 3, but the Bolt has a more comfortable seat for me. Hopefully the Tesla Y will have better seats.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Unless I absolutely had to buy a new car now, I would wait for the 2021 model to appear, then either get the upgraded version or get a truly super discount on the remaining 2020 models.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Unless I absolutely had to buy a new car now, I would wait for the 2021 model to appear, then either get the upgraded version or get a truly super discount on the remaining 2020 models.
That's what I thought when I bought my 2019. Then GM discounted the 2020 at higher discount a couple months afterwards. Hard to time the purchase. :)

21 - 40 of 46 Posts