Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Charged mine to 100% after battery replacement. Dealer called a few days later for a photo of the new battery sticker. Sounds like technician got into trouble without photo documentation of the new battery installation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can you tell if the new battery has any more capacity? Do you get any paperwork that lists the capacity of the new battery? Do you get any paperwork stating the new warranty period for the battery?
I did not get a new written warranty when they installed the "new battery" When I emailed the EV concierge , He replied that all "new or ReFurbished "batteries have a 100,000mi/8yr warrenty . Hmm , How do I know if what they gave me was REFURBURISHED or a New Battery ?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I did not get a new written warranty when they installed the "new battery" When I emailed the EV concierge , He replied that all "new or ReFurbished "batteries have a 100,000mi/8yr warrenty . Hmm , How do I know if what they gave me was REFURBURISHED or a New Battery ?
A refurbished battery may have new lithium-ion cells in an old case.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I received NO paperwork with my NEW battery.
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
It doesn't matter. You've got a new warranty no matter what kind of battery they gave you and regardless of whether you have a piece of paper. What's important is that they honour the warranty, and that depends on their records of your vehicle and not on any piece of paper you may or may not have.

·
Registered
73 Posts
?!? You should at least have a work order/invoice showing $0 balance, right?
Nada! Nothing! Not even a pat on the back! After it quit I had a trucker haul it to the dealer. Then they picked me up and took me to Enterprise where they rented me a car. I dropped the car off at the dealer's when I picked up my own car!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I received NO paperwork with my NEW battery.
Odd -- every time I took a car to a dealer (any brand, whether customer pay, warranty, or recall), I got a record of what was done from the dealer upon leaving, even if the cost to me was $0 (warranty or recall work only). Also, warranty or recall records should be available to any dealer of the brand of car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Odd -- every time I took a car to a dealer (any brand, whether customer pay, warranty, or recall), I got a record of what was done from the dealer upon leaving, even if the cost to me was $0 (warranty or recall work only). Also, warranty or recall records should be available to any dealer of the brand of car.
Well, the service manager said he would mail me the paperwork, but it has been almost one month and nothing! I kind of trust the SM, 'cause I've been dealing with him through 8 years with my Volt and the past two years with the Bolt. Overall, generally satisfied with the result!

101 - 110 of 110 Posts