Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2017 Bolt to dealer today and got the battery propulsion recall. Declined the radio recall, because I saw no use for it other than GM desiring to limit driver's use of the display. So far, so good (knock wood). No perceptible change in operation or range of the vehicle. Took about 1.5 hours, which I spent on my iPad while waiting. If there is any change, I'll keep everyone posted. Interestingly, the software status in the settings display still shows version 14.1.0 - the most recent version. Go figure. >:)

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,521 Posts
Took my 2017 Bolt to dealer today and got the battery propulsion recall. Declined the radio recall, because I saw no use for it other than GM desiring to limit driver's use of the display. So far, so good (knock wood). No perceptible change in operation or range of the vehicle. Took about 1.5 hours, which I spent on my iPad while waiting. If there is any change, I'll keep everyone posted. Interestingly, the software status in the settings display still shows version 14.1.0 - the most recent version. Go figure. >:)
14.1.0 is the Infotainment system software version. It would appear that no matter what version you actually have, the display says it's the "latest" version.:confused:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
14.1.0 is the Infotainment system software version. It would appear that no matter what version you actually have, the display says it's the "latest" version.:confused:
Yes, we all have the latest version that was installed....not necessarily the latest available for installation.

Simple.

Reactions: surgeonFWW

·
Registered
390 Posts
It would appear that no matter what version you actually have, the display says it's the "latest" version.:confused:
I think it is more than appear. I installed 14.5.0 myself the other night. Immediately before I did so, it said 14.4.0 was the latest available. Immediately after I had done so, it said 14.5.0 was the latest available ;)

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
The Chevrolet flyer I received in the mail had directions for checking whether an update is ready to download and install.

Step 1) Select "Software Update"
Step 2) This screen tells you your software is up to date.
Step 3) This screen tells you there is an update ready and how long it will take to install.

Simple. Either the screen tells you it has the latest software or there's another screen that might tell you there's an update. Just keep checking. And checking. And checking. One day the screen will be different. Simple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.