Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I got my car back. It’s a 2017. They replaced the high voltage battery, and everything seemed okay. I noticed it wasn’t fully charged but attributed it to the fact that they called me before closing so I could take it home. Anyway I walk out to the car and see that with a brand new battery I only have 160 miles. I thought with the battery swap we’d be able to charge to 100 percent. Has this happened to anyone else? I’m really starting to hate Chevy.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Do you have the hilltop reserve toggle restored?

Ignore the guess-o-meter (the silly number on the left). How many battery bars do you have? If you can charge all the way to 20 bars, you're at 100%.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This hilltop toggle is restored but I don’t have 20 bars definitely. Looks like 14. They didn’t do something right. I’ve taken it to quick charge and it gave a target level of 75%.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
If you were limited to 80%, you'd have 16 bars and can't charge an additional 4 bars.

(I've had the 883 80% limiter updated applied to my '19 since 12/1/2021 since I don't have my new pack yet... long story. And yes, when I DC FC, some of them do show for me an upper bracket (I guess you could call it a target) of 75% which I can pass. But, I (not surprisingly) can't pass 80%.)

·
Registered
699 Posts
BMS has to re-learn driving history. Give it a few days of regular use to settle into things.
Time will tell on this, but the OP keeps saying "16 bars" while there's no image of the charge level, just the GOM. If the charge level shows 16 bars and the max charge setting is 100% and there's no HTR involved, then shouldn't the charge level show all bars, regardless of any GOM re-learning? Or does the needed re-learning indeed include the charge level?

·
Registered
12/16 build, 2017, white LT
12,009 Posts
Has nothing to do with it relearning my driving history. A battery with the capacity to charge at 100 percent would show all bars, not 16. They screwed this up.
Yup. I am amazed at the multitude of ways the dealerships have found to misread a two page recall work description.

·
Registered
2021 Kinetic Blue Bolt LT
423 Posts
And you might wonder why I'm turning my 2019 in and picking up a Tesla model 3...

Rich
Were I to replace Chevy--and the events of recents months along with what I see of the Mustang Mach-E and the Hyundai Ioniq 5 keep me sorely tempted--I would not give my money to a bloviating tax-dodging @ssh0le.

·
Registered
128 Posts
tax-dodging? Doesn't that pretty much include every corporation and most of our countries turly rich? Why pick on Musk for that one? Lots of reasons not to like him, but he is probably one of the lesser evils when it comes to avoiding taxes. But then what do you expect when our last commander in chief was chief of that, and loved by nearly half the country partly because of that?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Were I to replace Chevy--and the events of recents months along with what I see of the Mustang Mach-E and the Hyundai Ioniq 5 keep me sorely tempted--I would not give my money to a bloviating tax-dodging @ssh0le.
Actually, Mr Musk is not that great an orator. But I don't mind. Everybody is on this forum BECAUSE of Mr. Musk. He did it (not single-handedly) but he did it. Oh and by the way, like that young woman from SpaceX said, not too long ago (paraprasing here),"for the first time since the space shuttle, American astronauts, from the American mainland are able to reach the ISS" Boeing didn't do it, nobody from traditional aerospace did it. Mr. Musk did it (not single-handedly) but he did do it.

That's the big stuff, but actually, he really is responsible for a lot of other really, big stuff.

Now the cowboys are gonna try to knock him down a couple of pegs.
We really do despise smart, educated people who are driven and successful and very rich (there but for the grace of God, go I)

Oh yeah, Elizabeth Warren's opinion really counts for one iota of anything. Her and the 99 others. No, not really.
And GM and all their lies and their crummy products will count for anything when the Chinese cars hit these shores. No, not really.
Let's all handicap Tesla and SpaceX and Mr. Musk, in particular, and let's congratulate Ms. Barra on a job well done.
You can't make this stuff up. What a laugh.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts