Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My salesman just emailed me to say my 2017 Chevy Bolt has been built and will be shipped early next month!
:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats and hope you will be able to "bolt" around soon!! What color did you order?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
You Mass guys are stepping up to the plate!

Good job!

The state should give you and additional $1k discount for every SB ring Tom and Bill have ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
color

Congrats and hope you will be able to "bolt" around soon!! What color did you order?
I ordered summit white. I've never owned white before so I wanted to do something different since the vehicle was being custom built for me.

Reactions: Ajampam

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what my salesman said the ship date is next Tuesday, and it'll be shipped via rail from Orion to Chicago and then it'll be put on a transport so it shouldn't be too long afterwards.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congratulations. The only one thing I'd have to say is beware when you receive it, there most likely will be what they call "rail dust" all around the paint, and because you've gotten white, it'll show up quite a bit. It'll look like specs of rust. An easy way to get it out is to decontaminate the paint with a chemical called Iron X, and potentially may have to use a claybar depending on how bad it is

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rail dust

Congratulations. The only one thing I'd have to say is beware when you receive it, there most likely will be what they call "rail dust" all around the paint, and because you've gotten white, it'll show up quite a bit. It'll look like specs of rust. An easy way to get it out is to decontaminate the paint with a chemical called Iron X, and potentially may have to use a claybar depending on how bad it is
I think we'll just need to see when I get the Bolt. Hopefully if there is any the dealer will do their part in getting them off.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my new Grumpy Cat NO sticker today which will go on the Bolt once it arrives.

(I have one on my Volt now but I doubt it could be transferred so I'm just getting a new one instead).

Reactions: DaV8or

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I asked for an update yesterday. It's at the distribution center in Michigan, waiting for a ride down here to Iowa. I told the dealer I'd like to get the car before I go to Minnesota.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My salesman finally got a hold of someone in Orion who said my vehicle has been marked as hot and they're trying to get it on a ride out this way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts