Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than 24hrs into the ownership and a rock from a car flew up and cracked the grille on our car.

Does anyone know where to find a new grille and also instructions on how to change it? I did a google but the best I could find was a new OEM grille from eBay but no instructions. And I get the feeling that if I ask the dealership I'll be looking at 300-500 for the part + labor.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,341 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
And don't throw the old one away...someone can fill that and vinyl wrap it in the color of their choice for a cool custom look.

Post it on the forum parts for sale.

Again, sorry to hear of your misfortune...but luckily not a repaint on bumper, hood or windshield.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I'll probably end up trying to do it myself in a coming weekend. Always feels a bit odd dismantling a brand new car :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Maybe see if you can get an Ampera E grill. I think it looks cool with the lightning bolt in the circle (instead of the Bowtie). They do built the Amperas here in the US, but I am not sure how to go about getting the part.

·
Registered
724 Posts
And don't throw the old one away...someone can fill that and vinyl wrap it in the color of their choice for a cool custom look.

Post it on the forum parts for sale.

Again, sorry to hear of your misfortune...but luckily not a repaint on bumper, hood or windshield.

Maybe YOU could do this ?? With that nice Red color you could do all sorts of Wraps ! :nerd:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's done! Our Bolt-EV now looks whole again.

Here's some pics from the work: photos.app.goo.gl/PRrzQPFNJgsmwVTB2

Anyone wanting to buy the old grille for $70 + shipping, PM me. Pictures of it can be found in the link above. No damage other than described in this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts