Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Less than 24hrs into the ownership and a rock from a car flew up and cracked the grille on our car.

Does anyone know where to find a new grille and also instructions on how to change it? I did a google but the best I could find was a new OEM grille from eBay but no instructions. And I get the feeling that if I ask the dealership I'll be looking at 300-500 for the part + labor.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,631 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
And don't throw the old one away...someone can fill that and vinyl wrap it in the color of their choice for a cool custom look.

Post it on the forum parts for sale.

Again, sorry to hear of your misfortune...but luckily not a repaint on bumper, hood or windshield.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I'll probably end up trying to do it myself in a coming weekend. Always feels a bit odd dismantling a brand new car :)

Reactions: shrox

·
Registered
134 Posts
Maybe see if you can get an Ampera E grill. I think it looks cool with the lightning bolt in the circle (instead of the Bowtie). They do built the Amperas here in the US, but I am not sure how to go about getting the part.

·
Registered
870 Posts
And don't throw the old one away...someone can fill that and vinyl wrap it in the color of their choice for a cool custom look.

Post it on the forum parts for sale.

Again, sorry to hear of your misfortune...but luckily not a repaint on bumper, hood or windshield.

Maybe YOU could do this ?? With that nice Red color you could do all sorts of Wraps ! :nerd:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's done! Our Bolt-EV now looks whole again.

Here's some pics from the work: photos.app.goo.gl/PRrzQPFNJgsmwVTB2

Anyone wanting to buy the old grille for $70 + shipping, PM me. Pictures of it can be found in the link above. No damage other than described in this thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You are lucky it is the upper grille. To pull the lower grille, the entire front of the car has to come off. My local hot rod paint shop pulled the front end, pulled out the grille, fixed a crack that the dealership put in it mounting the license plate holder, and painted it white to perfectly match the car, all for $238.

Grille & Components for 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV | GM Parts Center
Hey bud... my wife cracked the lower grille and now lease is coming up. I was hoping to replace it myself (about $200 for the part)... but you're saying it's a lot more complicated than just popping out the old grille? I haven't been able to find much info anywhere else, appreciate your advice.

·
Registered
10,631 Posts
Hey bud... my wife cracked the lower grille and now lease is coming up. I was hoping to replace it myself (about $200 for the part)... but you're saying it's a lot more complicated than just popping out the old grille? I haven't been able to find much info anywhere else, appreciate your advice.
I took it to a body shop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts