Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the first Bolt EV models include GPS ? or must it only work through an Android or Ios phone app?

Is PlugShare included to easily find charging stations? or must that work also through a cell phone app>

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
As far as I know, they don't come with navigation so you'll need to connect to a device and use either apple Maps or Google Maps. Plugshare is an app on the phone too and not an integrated system in the Bolt.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
There definitely doesn't seem to be a navigation button in the menu screen in the videos that I've seen. PlugShare is definitely an app you have to utilize through your phone however. Or you can go online and view the map as well on your desktop/laptop.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I still like using my old school detachable GPS, doesn't need data to function in case I roam outside of my mobile service area.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I often used to have issues with the detachable Tomtoms and Garmins. Sometimes it would get lost or go all wonky.. maybe I just had really cruddy ones..

·
Registered
49 Posts
I still like using my old school detachable GPS, doesn't need data to function in case I roam outside of my mobile service area.
Neither does Google Maps with a tiny bit of foresight. You can download offline maps for using without cell service for a very large area with a single click.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts